1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting 360 For Christmas, Few Questions.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by xelasha, Dec 17, 2007.

1. xelasha

xelasha Member

A former Member of this forum.
    Hi guys:) feels good to be back on one of the best forums on the internet.

Proceeding to the point, I'm Getting Xbox360 For Christmas.
    And i Just wanted to ask a few things about the console that i read around.

1.Would this device i made be useful for cooling the 360? I read that Xbox360s have a heat issue that bring up the ring of death if played for too long, But has anybody with the latest 'Falcon' 360s received the ring of death?

USB powered Fans The fans are quiet, not exactly 'powerful' but gives off a good cool breeze. Each probably 40mm each.

2.Is there any backing up Software like HDloader or DVD2XBOX that backup 360 games to the consoles hard drive for faster loading/General Backing up? (non-Pirate Use, Just to Mention)
    OR
    Are there any in development or something similar that may use USB external hard drives?

3.Are there any known Lagging issues with Xbox Live in Australia?

4.Is it true there wont be any HD-DVD games ever developed?

Answers are appreciated :)

2. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

3. xelasha

xelasha Member

Well about the cooling, I live in Australia and it can get pretty hot specially in this season (as Australia it is summer in December through to January)
    But with the air-con on that shouldn't be too much of a fuss, But considering it cant be on 24/7. How much playing time to do i have to be safe? Because honestly I'm going to be on XBL all day and not go out for days on the Christmas holidays.

And with the backing up i don't fairly trust myself burning games because if it is burnt wrong then your console is banned from XBL, Thats a big kick in the chest as i wont be playing alot of single player once i finish a game.

And about the HD games are you sure were on the same line of talk?
    I don't mean 'high definition' games, Because all of them are in HD at a max of 1080i Resolution or something. I Mean as in HD-DVD, like I'm talking the discs that require an external 360 HD-DVD player to be able to play.

4. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

I always ask MS when you need to turn off the 360 and they always say 2 hours is the magic number. So take a break, let it cool down for 10 mins or so and you'll be fine. It gets hot in FL too so can relate.

Dude, you can't screw up burning your own games, trust me. It is a LOT better than DLing the games for sure, no telling what crap you are DLing and you will surely get banned. Just buy you a Samsung Kreon drive, rip the games with Schtrom and then burn with imgburn, it's easy. But since Live is so important to you, I would just play the originals online because with all copies, you'll get banned sooner or later.

lol gotcha on the HD games, lol I was like doesnt this guy realize all the games are in HD?? Not sure on that really, didn't know that was a possibility on HD DVD. I bet that will happen when Sony starts taking advantage of that huge 54 GB Blu Ray disk to the max.

5. xelasha

xelasha Member

Ah yes,
    M$ will eventually bring out the HD-DVD games when sony start taking over next year with their gaming line up (which mind you is VERY good)
    But i doubt on either of the consoles that Dev's will go past the 1st layer of these Formats till maybe 09/010 or maybe even ever.
    Especially on the PS3 because games are alot harder to develop on the PS3.

But i doubt Micro$oft are going to give a thumbs up to HD-DVD games,
    M$ will either have to start releasing consoles with built in HD drives or highly decrease the price of the external drives or else Dev's would have to create an extra version on dual layer DVD so people arnt left out and that would create conflict.

Its stupid how now movies are being made for either HD-DVD OR Blu-Ray but not for both. So if you have a PS3 you can wathc some or if you have a 360 you can watch others (as long as you buy the $200 External Drive) or only 1 of the DVD players that read only 1 of the formats, You are limited from high definition on movies.

6. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

Yeah, definitely, like if you have Blu Ray, you can't get Transformers on HD, thats crazy. Wish 360 had Blu Ray, always hear it looks better than HD DVD and it seems a lot of movie studios are getting more behind Blu Ray.