1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting a black screen trying to load an iso/cso on 3.10 oe-a

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sharvool, Feb 11, 2007.

1. sharvool

sharvool Member

hello everyone !
    i m new with this yet i was reading and searching a lot, for a solution to my problem i thought maybe i can get here from u guys
    my psp is:3.10 oe-a ,i m using a umd in the drive and playing games from my memory stick(cso/iso) the games i CAN play were pre installed for me ,i was told that all i need to do is get the games in iso/cso format put it on my memory card inside the iso folder and run them.
    recently i got 2 games in iso ,copy them to my card ,to the iso folder and when i acces them( where u choose the game u want to play from the one u have) i can see the tumbnail and hear the music of the game but when i choose it ,it goes into the psp screen,as if it was loading it,and then goes to black screen and thats it the only thing i can do then is either press the 'home'button and choose to leave the game or take out the battery and shut it off,
    any ideas will be grately appriciated.
    btw the games are:"metal gear solid portable ops",and ''pro evolution soccer 2007''

2. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

all right my friend heres what you do. make sure your psp is completely off. turn it on and hold the R Trigger quickly. you should be in the config/recovery screen. Go to config and scroll do to the kernal selction. make sure it is on 1.5. next check the no umd setting. if it is off turn it on. now exit it out and try again. (you might have to change the no umd setting every now and then!)Hope that works and good luck to ya!

3. quentman

quentman Member

bigcuz000 I wanna thank you sooo much!!! I was having the same issue that sharvool was having. I've been following the PSP scene for a while now but haven't really been ontop of how everything works. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the iso or cso files to work. Now it does!!! I made an account here to say thanks :)

Keep it real guys

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Changing the kernel to 1.50 shouldn't affect the .iso game, because it changes only the kernel the GAME homebrew folder in run in. Also activating No-UMD is useless when you have an UMD in the drive and could even cause problems.
    sharvool, sounds like you got two bad .iso files. Try another one, best one that's fullUMD, not a rip. If you get a damaged version, there's really nothing you can do exept for trying to get another version of the game.
    What you could do, if you are using firmware 3.10 OE-A, go to firmware 3.10 OE-A' (OE-A2), 3.10 OE-A was quite buggy. http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1053

5. raganarok

raganarok Guest

not true some games don't work if you don't do this eg metal slug

6. quentman

quentman Member

There is a quick patch install called 3.10 oe-a update, this should make metal slug work... I think.