1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a DS as a gift - what can i do with it?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by SDMFer, Feb 11, 2008.

1. SDMFer

SDMFer Regular member

Hey guys, Im getting a DS as a gift (just havent picked it up yet). Anyways, Im not too familliar with what i can do with it in terms of mods/hacks etc.

Can someone provide me with info on what i can do with it (other than play purchased ds games etc). Once i know what can be done, i will figure the rest out :)

Thanks

2. SDMFer

SDMFer Regular member

ps - I dont need in depth info, just some quick one liners. ie. Play roms etc or something like that. thanks again.

3. juniR

juniR Guest

If you have summat like the R4DS cart you can play roms, use it as an organiser, play music, movies, view pictures, VNC (access your PC and control it over a wireless network), Draw pics, some browsing and messaging over the internet. There's other homebrew software like drum machines. All sorts really.

4. SDMFer

SDMFer Regular member

are the roms exactly as the original games in terms of quality etc?

5. juniR

juniR Guest

Yeah - no dodgy rips if that's what you mean. You can't tell the difference. You can store 20 or so average per Gb of memory and 2Gb is a good size card to have in the cartridge.

6. SDMFer

SDMFer Regular member

cool thanks a lot. I'll start researching