1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a HD advanced-hard drive-network addopter 2mrw,few questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by vegas69, Feb 6, 2005.

1. vegas69

vegas69 Member

Hi

I had a couple of questions i was wondering if someone could answer for me:

1)One i receive my hard drive,network adopter and hd advance 2.1 what do i need to do to get it to work???(as in how will i format the drive so it works with the ps2???)

2)How would i get a ps2 iso or bin-cue to work on my ps2 hd without using a disc to burn it on first???(i wanna save some discs)

3)How hard is it to transfer a game from my pc to the ps2??

4)what do i actually have to do to gte a back up on my hd, do i just insert and press back up??

5)Is there anyway i can avoid inserting a hd advanced disk everytime i want to boot a game???

Thanks

2. vegas69

vegas69 Member

"However chips that power down after the PS2's boot sequence (such as the Magic 3.1) will not allow you to install imports and backups"

I read this somewhere , does this mean that even tho i have a messiah 2 in my ps2 i wont be able to put my backups on my hd???

3. vegas69

vegas69 Member

Wow no one knows, is it doable for me to take the slave hard drive i have in my pc and use it in my ps2???if so what do i need to do (format wise)

4. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

get a program called winhiip. It will format your HDD to be usable in your ps2 with hdadvance. It will also allow you to transfer ISO's of PS2 games onto the hdd when it is installed in your pc. If you have the bin and cue files for the game then just use nero and select "image recorder" instead of your dvd burner and it will spit out an iso for you.

Also you can put your backup copies into your pc dvd drive and copy them to the hd that way. I have a duo2 se and hdloader and have not had a problem yet for putting copied cd's and dvds on my hd in my ps2. There is a trick for it if it doesnt work, Something to do with holding down the eject button when you insert the copied disc.

Hope that helps.

5. vegas69

vegas69 Member

Thank u very much for the reply, so do i connect the hd to my pc using the network cable??

I assuem that it will then see it as a external hard drive and then i drag and drop???

6. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

no you have to open the pc up and connect it inside. Then ONLY winhiip will reconize the hdd once it is formated for your ps2.

7. Rogue_77

Rogue_77 Member

Wouldn't HDAdvance format the drive for you? Would you still be able to read the drive without using WinHiip for the format?