1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a I/O error please help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kevin1488, Sep 19, 2004.

1. kevin1488

kevin1488 Member

I am using a Lite-on burner to backup my games and Ritek G04 -R's and i am getting a I/O error that says I/0 error Device: [1:1:0]Lite-on dvdrw sohw-8325 VS01 (E:)(ATA) Scsistatus: 0x02 Interpretaion:Check Condition then a CDB which a bunch of garbled numbers. please help anyone

2. jmcgee31

jmcgee31 Member

Hey. I also use a Lite-on drive and was having the same problem. I accidently discovered a quirky way to fix it. When you burn a cd onto the hardrive, you get to files: a .mds filea and an .iso image file, am I right? Well, if you select the .iso when trying to burn to a disc, DVD Decrypter will give you a message that says something like "You should have picked the MDS file. I'll do it for you automatically this time, but don't let it happen again!" That happened with the very first disk I burned (MGS2, using Ritek GO4) and the disc turned out flawless. Every other time I tried, I would choose the .mds file and get the I/O error! So, basically, if you "mess up" and let DVD Decrypter choose the .mds file for you, it works. If you try to do the right thing from the beginning, you get an I/O error. Weird, but it worked for me.

Also, I've only had luck with Ritek and Taiyo Yuden discs in burning. Everything else (even Sony and TDK) come out very jumpy and they freeze contantly. Since you have a Lite-On, too, I thought I'd forwarn you. Hope all this helps!