1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a new battery to charge

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by stump93, Dec 3, 2007.

1. stump93

stump93 Member

I bought a new battery today. I put it and plug in my a/c charger. It has the orange charge light as usual. Then in about 5 minutes the orange light goes out. So while it it still plugged it i turn it on and check the battery under settings. It says power source external. I unplug the charger and the psp shuts off.

Bad battery? or am i doing something wrong?

2. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Happened to me with a battery from eBay. Realised it fake. I got a replacement. I think your battery is fake just like mine was.

3. stump93

stump93 Member

I got it from walmart. It came in a blue box while the other ones there were in a bronze/gold box.... maybe so

This sort of suck though. I bought a new battery so i could return the battery that i destroyed taking apart to make it a pandora battery. So now i have to return this one. Get one that works. Then return it again with the one I made a pandora with.

4. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

lol...well buy another battery (make sure it is in working condition) and return the other two using the two boxes you have form the one that u broke taking apart and the one u made the thread about.

5. stump93

stump93 Member

The person working at the customer service will know me by name by the time im done.

6. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Tell another member of your family to do it for you. If they ask why you're not there, tell that member to say it was a gift.

7. stump93

stump93 Member

Cant wait to see their face when they open the box and the covers come off the battery and the whole thing falls apart. I'm going to tell them 'yeah thats what I said when I opened it up the first time'

8. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

yeah lol but dont make it too obvious.