1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a ps2...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rafer11, Nov 30, 2004.

1. rafer11

rafer11 Member

Hey, im getting a PS2 and will get the swap magic w/ flip top but i am wondering how hard it is to burn games. On a scale of 1 of 10(1 being hard, 10 easy). I am pretty technical and am guessing this should be a breeze, but am thinking it could be pretty difficult for some reason.

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I use datawrite classic DVD+r and burn them at 4x with Alcohol 120%, i'd rate it at 10, haven't had one fail yet.

3. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

It ain't that hard I gotta admin I would say a 10 just use good media and you'll be fine. DVD Decryptor works and so does Alcohol 120%. The only problem im having right now with the swap disk is how to burn the DVD and CD Loader to help on loading is all.

4. rafer11

rafer11 Member

What do you think about the flip top vs the slide? I mean, the slide is about $10 cheaper, it is compatible v1-10, and it won't void your warranty which means when i get my ps2 from walmart it ccan be returned 2 yrs later if i so please(even though walmart says they only return up to 6 months, all you gotta do it complain enough and they will do it).

Flip top or slide?

5. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I use a mod chip so I can't comment on either. But mod chips are by far easiest, and if you have a pro install it they will usually give you a warranty.

6. rafer11

rafer11 Member

A warranty on the install or on the PS2? Because if the sticker is removed there goes my chances of returning it to wallyworld. Are they gonna give me the full price back of my PS2 if they botch the job?

7. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I installed mine myself so i'm not entirely sure, but I think thats how it works. Best to make enquiries with them.

8. fadedindi

fadedindi Member

If you are going to choose between a fliptop or a slide card, pick the fliptop. I heard slide cards can damage your PS2's DVD tray after a while. I use the fliptop and it works like a charm everytime.

Oh, and burning PS2 games are a 10. I use DVD Decrypter to rip it in ISO mode and burn it using Alcohol 120%.

If you are going to buy a mod chip, have a pro install it. I messed up my PS2 when I tried to install it myself.