1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting a ps3 soon

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by PSX2112, Jun 21, 2007.

1. PSX2112

PSX2112 Member

I am getting a PS3 soon and since I still live with my brother, he is going to play it too. My question is sort of like a memory card thing. Is it possible to save games to an external HDD via USB; other than the internal HDD in the PS3. Because I want to stash my game files and keep it away from my brother.

2. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

Well there are memory card ports but most games are take up quiet a bit of space. You can always just make another user on the PS3 and I'm pretty sure you can put a password on your account. I don't have one on my but I don't share my PS3 cause I don't have a brother only got a sister and most girls aren't into games. I would just make another user account on the PS3 instead of buying a memory stick.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I hate to say it PSX2112,but you would be better off getting a Nintendo Wii or an Xbox 360 instead.I have a PS3,but I don't even use it for games.I got it for the Blu-Ray player,so if you intend to invest in a game system I would suggest looking at the other two systems before getting a PS3.The PS3 only has a couple games worth playing,and by the time they actually get something decent the system will drop in price.The best advice I can give is to wait until they actually get some games,unless you want to use the Blu-Ray player or mess with linux.

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

He's talking about the game saves. They don't take up much space at all. Maybe like 500kb a save. You can just save them onto the HDD then copy them to the memory card/external HDD and delete them off the regular one. Then just copy them back on when u want them. But jesse's right, you should just make 2 different users. I don't know if that seperates your files though...

5. MrMexican

MrMexican Guest

It seperates only ps3 save files but not ps2 or 1 dose save files are like joined together.