1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Action Replay Max Evo to work?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by zcampbell, Mar 21, 2007.

1. zcampbell

zcampbell Member

Ok, when I put my AR MAX Evo disc in, I get a screen telling me to put in a game disc. Then I put in the disc. And then it tell me to swap the disc with a copied disc. And then the game load.

I'm trying to get the cheat menu to load! My PS2 is already modded. So, how do I get the cheat menu to load?

2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

3. zcampbell

zcampbell Member

Nope, the AR MAX will load, but I want to access the cheat menu, which it won't do. I already have a modded PS2 (not sure what chip, but it's the latest), and have no trouble getting my backup copies of games to work. Only problem is the AR MAX.

4. wangle

wangle Member

just leave the same disc in there and after it reloads 2 times it should go black for a while and load to the cheat thingo

5. zcampbell

zcampbell Member

Do you mean leave the AR disc in there?

I'm using TDK Gold CDR. Could it be the disc problem? I just got my PS2.

6. wangle

wangle Member

well, do you mean you're seeing the ps2's screen telling you to insert a ps2 disc (the one with the red background)
    or the cdloader menu which tells u to swap the disc?
    if it's the latter, yeah leave in the disc, if not, try burning the disc at a lower speed, and you could try playing it in a ps2 emulator on your PC to see if it works at all

7. zcampbell

zcampbell Member

I'm seeing the cdloader menu which tells me to swap the disc. I have burnt the disc at the lowest speed possible which is 8x on my burner.

So I should leave the AR disc in there? For how long? I tried a CDRW disc which has a blue base and it won't even boot the disc.

8. wangle

wangle Member

yeah just leave it in and just press X to load it... it should load the MSYSTEM.CNF on the disc which has the menu, one of which is ARMAX