1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting all 160gb out of my drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by mesman21, Apr 8, 2005.

1. mesman21

mesman21 Member

I could use some help here. I got a new HD a 160gb seagate, and threw it in my 1.0 xbox with xenium ice chip. I reformated the HD using the program on the chip. It worked but i only got 130gb on drive F. I played around for awhile using diffrent bioses, and making a G partition, but nothings working. I tired using the program NewHDevox1.4, but i have no experiance in auto installers, and i had to run it though my evox dashboard. All it did was erase everythign on my drive so i dont even have a dashobard, but didnt intstall any of the files. If anyone knows what im doing wrong, or how to compleatly erase my drive and start over, let me know, thanks.

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

First, you need a bios that supports 137++ hard drives so use the X2 4983.06 or if you want 7 partions or a G drive use the 4983.67. Both X2 bios support HDD up to 250GB. Second, to format your HD, use Auto Installer Deluxe 1.01 to format your HD instead of the Xenium HD upgrade wizard. The installer will automatically detect your new HDD and format it for you...it will even format a G drive if your using a bios like the 4983.67.

3. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

I am also using Xenium Ice. Just flashed my bios with EvoxM8_16LBA to recognized my 160 gig.Make sure the Evox bios has LBA on it...

4. mesman21

mesman21 Member

Thanks guys, i did fix the problem of 137 gb, with ur help. I do have another problem now with running games, i started a new thread, if u know whats up again i would like the help, Thanks again