1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting an error using dvd shrink, please help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sjg1999xp, Jan 29, 2005.

1. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

I am gettign an error when trying to burn The Black Book and The Forgotten the error is saying DVD encountered an error and cannot continue, failed to read "F:/" Data error(cyclic redundancy check) I thought maybe the dvd could be dirty or scrathed but seemd ok and I cleaned, I am goign to go get 2 more copies and try again, any clue why this is happening? Thanks

2. whirlble

whirlble Member

First, what are you using to get
    . If you have an older version of some of the programs, that is the cause. Try the search because it has been talked about several times.

3. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

I am sorry, I am using the newst version of dvd shrink, this is the first time I have gotten this error with over 300 burns :)

4. MSOV1986

MSOV1986 Regular member

I had the same problem with little black book, if you use dvd decrypter to decrypt the movie then use dvd shrink to shrink it down to size then it should work fine.

5. whirlble

whirlble Member

I know that decrypter (new version) works with the films you mention. I usually use decrypter (vers. 3.5.2.0) to read it (in file mode) and then use shrink (vers. 3.2) to size it and save it in ISO format. Then decrypter to write it. I also know that Nero works too.