1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting an xbox - buy it from Costco - Get a Lifetime Warranty!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by navsav, May 5, 2007.

1. navsav

navsav Regular member

Although they have changed the return policy - it does not include video game consoles. So you have al ifetime warranty if you get it from costco. Mine just died a few days ago and i returned it with no questions asked and have a new one!!!! Mine was several months old. Plus they still carry the ones with samsung drives - born on date of 10-14-06

2. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

I just got a samsung today from EBgames. Born on Date 6/8/06

3. navsav

navsav Regular member

Hey flowfast - not really sure what your response has to do with my thread? EBgame certainly does not have a great return policy - is it even 30 days?

4. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

what?

5. navsav

navsav Regular member

What?

Pretty clear burning boy!! Yes if you buy from costco you have what amount to a lifetime warranty. Return it anytime and get a full refund - you must have all components included when you return - down to the battery packs. but if its all there they will return it reagrdless - no questions asked. This has been standard policy for Costco for all item until the policy was abused via TVs/computers when people would just return them every year and upgrade. But fortunately the policy change did not affect video game consoles! So don't mess around and buy your xbox from Costco!! I was only out an xbox for 12 hours before getting a new one!!

6. andersg

andersg Regular member

I wonder if the ones up here in Canada are like this too cause I am looking into getting an Elite soon enough.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  7. navsav

navsav Regular member

I believe its a standard policy - so it should cover international stores. This is from the costco website under returns:

Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. Exceptions: Televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund.

How to Return: Simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide for a refund (including shipping and handling). If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customerservice@costco.com or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.

8. andersg

andersg Regular member

sounds good.