1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GETTING BURNED COPYS OF PS2 GAMES TO WORK

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by 61NASTY, Apr 5, 2005.

1. 61NASTY

61NASTY Member

I HAVE BEEN USING THE SWITCH METHOD TO MAKE MY BURNED COPYS OF PS1 GAMES WORK IN MY PS2 BUT WHEN I TRIED PLAYING A BURNED PS2 GAME IT DID NOT WORK!!! CAN NE1 HELP ME PLZ. ALSO I HAVE BEEN DOWNLOADING TORRENT FILE GAMES CAN SUM1 TELL ME HOW 2 BURN THEM......THANX VERY MUCH

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

We can't help you burn your pirated games, unless of course you actually own the games and have been backing them up the hard way. In that case, let us all know.

I take it you are using Game Shark or Action Replay to play your backup ps1 games? If so, these will not work for ps2 games. You will need to get swap magic discs for your ps2 backups to work correctly.

3. Gdash

Gdash Guest

I had a question here. I backed my Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 (DVD), patch for it to the backup? Do add the bin adn cue file into the dvd-r with the iso of the game? Do I extract the bin file into the dvd-r with the iso? What is the correct way?

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Here is a tutorial of patching, it was written by a member on this site...

Step 1.
    Decrypt the ps2 game to your hard drive using dvd decryptor.

Step 2.
    Open up Isobuster and load in the image file.

Step 3.
    Hold shift and highlight all the game files and put them in a folder.

Step 4.
    Open up Nero burning rom and create a new UDF/ISO dvd (It's the last one in the list). Drop all the game files into Nero in the same order as it is listed in Isobuster. Just keep Isobuster open as a reference when you do this. Nero will change the order of the files graphically, however they burn in the order that you dropped them in.

Step 5.
    Name the image and burn it at 4x.

Step 6.
    Presto, you've rebuilt and burned a PS2 game. Play it.

note:
    Some games have dummy files in them.(ie. guilty gear, spider-man 2). They are used to beef up the size of the image and to copy-protect the game. Burning games with the dummy files left unchanged will result in a game that does not boot (using swap magic anyway). To remedy this annoyance follow these fun steps.

Step 1.
    Use Isobuster to copy the files to a folder.

Step 2.
    Create a new text file. Open it and press the space bar, then close it. This creates a byte of data in the text file.

Step 3.
    Rename the text file you made to the same name as the dummy file in your folder. You can point out a dummy file if its called DUMMY.DAT, DUMMY.000, DUMMY.001 etc., GARBAGE.DAT. These files will always be in the main folder of the iso.

Step 4.
    Overwrite all those dummy files with the blank ones you've created. (games generally only have 1 dummy file, but some have multiple dummy files)

Step 5.
    Patch complete! Burn it.

Does this guide answer your question?

5. Slots2

Slots2 Guest

Pimp, can I use something besides Nero not to familiar with it.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Not without a few extra steps, you could use DVD Decrypter to do it but it is a lot longer process.

7. Gdash

Gdash Guest

What patching the game to play it online, how would be done?

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest