1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting "can't read disk" errors after modding with clyclowiz

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by cong717, Mar 27, 2007.

1. cong717

cong717 Member

I've just installed my cyclowiz v2 modchip on my Wii D2B drive. The mod seems to be ok since I see the green light on the cyclowiz. The problem is when I try to play any of the games that I downloaded online, it would read the disc from the Wii home but would give me an error after it tries to launch it. In wario ware, I would get into the map but when i try to launch a game it'll give me the disc read error. I am using verbatim dvd-r's. I try burning it at 16x and 2x but same results. Could it be that my wii doesn't like verbatims? Should I try a diff media or what other problem could this be? Any help would be great. TIA!

2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

I had this exact same problem with my wiinja (1st generation). Yesterday I replaced it with a wiikey and all my games work once again!

3. killa024

killa024 Member

I know for a fact Verbatim -R's work fine. Its either your dvd burner thats causing the errors. Or the game you d/l online could have been bad but more than likely if its starts up, then gets the error. Its your burner. Try some other media and if its the same result. Its definitly your burner.

4. cong717

cong717 Member

What burner is recommended? I have a Sony and NEC double layer burner. I've tried burning with the sony but not the NEC yet. I'm at work right now but I'll go try the NEC when I get home.

5. Paul24k

Paul24k Member

Im not sure which software you are using to burn games with but i was having problems myself which someone helped me out with in another thread,

I was at first using Nero which was causing me problems.

Im now using ImgBurn at 4x and have succesfully burned onto Verbatim 8x -R and even shitty TelSmart 8x +r

Recording anything over 4x seems to make the games jump on the intro sequences.

Hope this help's.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  6. cong717

cong717 Member

I burned the images using clonecd. I'll try burning it again with the program you suggested when i get home from work. thanks.

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Did you download and run the update for the cyclowiz?

8. killa024

killa024 Member

I also use imgburn at 4x. Im using the Pioneer 111d

9. cong717

cong717 Member

I have a D2B chip so he cyclowiz update doesn't support that yet. I manage to get it working by switching to sony dvd media and burning at 4x with imgburn. For some reason my wii doesn't like verbatim media. I try burning verbatims at 4x in the same drive and I get DRE. Thanks guys for the help.

10. j2huggar

j2huggar Regular member

Update the firmware in your sony burner if its not already current. My Sony had a hard time writing onto -R until I did this.