1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting cd burner to even read ps2 cds

Discussion in 'PS2' started by markieuk, Nov 11, 2003.

1. markieuk

markieuk Member

I have read alot about some people finding it easy to backup the ps2 cds but my cd burner doesnt seem to read the cd once i put it in my drive.my drive light goes from green to orange and none of my cd software will even pick up that i have a cd in there.

My cd burner is a mitsumi cd-48x9te and running win 2000. Do i need special software or a patch so my burner sees i have a ps2 cd in the drive...or tear the damn thing out and get new one!!!! coz it seems everyone else ive read has no probs with backing them up and not everyone can have a state of the art burner

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Well if you are gonna replace the cd burner why not just replace it with a dvd burner.I think they have $140 dollar dvd burners which is really cheap for a dvd burner.I think the problem with your burner is it can't write post gap.I could be wrong but that could be it.Peace L-Burna

3. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

are u sure you're trying to back up a cd and not a dvd based game? ps2 cd games have a purple bottom as ps2 dvd has a silver bottom. if you're trying to back up a silver bottom game you need a dvd drive.

4. markieuk

markieuk Member

yea the game has a silver bottom so i guess i cant back it up using my cd burner