1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting DVD-Video Plug-In with Nero.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by RandomNeb, Aug 8, 2004.

1. RandomNeb

RandomNeb Member

I just purchased Nero, and have the latest version. I downloaded some of the Updates I need, I think pack 1 and 2. I was wanting to use Nero vision express 2(se). When I click "Make New Slide Show", I go to other video format. It then says "Due to patent license restrictions, MPEG-2 encoding/decoding/playback is not available. This feature can be added by installing the DVD-Video Plug-In. Neros website says it comes with the back, and give you no way to download it. Any way I could get this?

edit:
    I also somehow got NeroVision Express 2-SE, when I think all I needed was NeroVision Express 2, because I know it's suppost to come with the Ultra Edition. And I CAN get in if I click in Make New SlideShow, and click Video CD. Would there be any way to put these files on DVD?

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]^.-[/small]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2004
  2. RandomNeb

RandomNeb Member

[​IMG]

this is what I'm getting. I would also like to make sure this is the program that will allow me to make a slideshow and place it on a DVD...so I know I'm trying to get this fixed for a reason..=)
    _
    this is quote form bigorange from another topic. and so I dont break the PM rules, I'll post here...I did that, and when I put in my #, it says its already there. But I don't have recode, dunno it thats a problem, I should though...since I have 1 and 2 packs.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]^.-[/small]

3. RandomNeb

RandomNeb Member

I also installed the same thing on my laptop (in hopes that if it worked there, I would just send it over my LAN). No luck. My Nero files don't have to be in a certain folder to they? Would be willing to donate for some help, maybe by talking on AIM.

4. RWG

RWG Regular member

You should have it with the Ultra pak:

Enhance Nero Functionality with Plug-Ins

Nero 6 Ultra Edition package includes the most comprehensive set of CD and DVD recording tools ever compiled!

Nero 6 Ultra Edition already includes the following Plug-Ins:

* DVD-Video Plug-In (available separately in our webshop) *
    * Multichannel Plug-In (available separately in our webshop) *
    * Nero Digital Audio Plug-In*
    * WMP 9 Plug-In*

*Now included in the Nero 6 Ultra Edition, retail package and web version.

Additional Plug-Ins available to fully enhance your digital media capabilities:

* mp3PRO Plug-In (available in our webshop)
    * WMA Plug-In (download available)

Please click here to read about additional information available on each Plug-In to gain better knowledge for what is right for you.

Drop them email and ask where it is. I'll look around.

Your Nero files should install and put things in their proper place.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]NEC-2500A - Sony DVD-ROM
    WinXP Pro w/ SP1, DVD Shrink - DVD Decrypter - Nero 6.x - CloneDVD2 & AnyDVD[/small]

5. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

How did you purchase Nero?

Based on the fact that your software reports as NeroVision Express SE, it would seem you have an OEM version of our software, and not the Retail version.

Did you upgrade from OEM to Retail version of Nero? And if you did, are you sure you are using the New Nero Serial key you obtained from purchasing the upgrade?

If you enter the Nero 6 Retail serial key in the Nero StartSmart under "Nero Product Center" it will unlock all the programs for you in one shot, so that you need not 'register' each program with the same serial key.

Regards,

Craig

6. mhstevens

mhstevens Member

I get exactly the same problem with FULL Ultra6

No one at Ahead has told me to reregister Recode?

7. RWG

RWG Regular member

Did you enter your SN at the SmartStart screen after all of Nero was installed? (not just Burning Rom) You -should- be able to apply the SN to all products here.

luck-

8. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi RandomNeb,

What worries me is that you indicate you have NeroVision Express 2-SE. The 'SE' indicates an OEM Limited version, which would not come with the MEPG Encoders or the 5.1-channel Dolby Digital.

And yet you indicate that you purchased the Retail version on line. And we do not sell the 'SE' version on line.

So you can see the confusion. :)

If you truly purchase the Nero Retail serial key from us on-line, I would recommend using the Nero Clean Tool to uninstall Nero from your system. Then reboot and reinstall Package #1 and #2 that you downloaded, and enter the Retail Serial key you purchased on line. It should then unlock NeroVision and Nero Express, and NeroVision should not report as an SE version, or should Nero Recode 2, etc.

You can launch the Nero StartSmart after reinstalling Package #1 and #2; click on the NERO button in the top left of the StartSmart to go to the 'Nero Product Center' window. Click on the Serial Numbers Tab; and then click no the Enter New button and enter your serial key. This will enter the serial key for all the Nero programs currently installed on your system.

Regards,

Craig

9. RandomNeb

RandomNeb Member

I got the key from here
    http://chetoora.com/nero
    he e-mailed me another key, that was the key for the plug-in, now it works. Although, he might not really be selling the full version like he claims? or is there much difference in the SE?

10. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I'll have our sales team and lawyers look into it. They'll be able to find out if they are doing legal sales or not, and take the appropriate acctions.

P.S. There is a significant difference between the SE and Full version.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Craig

11. maxxxad

maxxxad Member

Can you let this forum know the outcome? The prices look too good to be true.....

12. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I'll try. Many times I'm not even informed of the outcome. Or it could take months to come to an outcome.

But I'll try and keep on top of it.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    Technical Director
    USA

13. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hello Everyone,

Our Sales Team has forwarded this site to SIIA and asked them to shut him down immediately. Apparently our sales team knows this guy also sells on eBay and we’ve shut him down there several times. He uses the seller ID “Cheetora” on eBay.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

14. RandomNeb

RandomNeb Member

I got the site from one of his eBay auctions. Whats he doing that's against the rules? Selling wrong version or cracked keys?

15. RWG

RWG Regular member

Sounds to me like it's a simple case of a buyer not doing their homework. If a deal sounds to good to be true it probably is.

OEM versions have keys / SN. I have 2-3 unopened copies of OEM Nero that was packaged with DVD-ROM drives or DVD/CD burners.

$80 software doesn't sell for $16 without a catch - even if it is just a SN most folks can find for free using a search engine.