1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting error when trying to back up TROY!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by derryl, Jan 6, 2005.

1. derryl

derryl Member

Using DVD Shrink at about 63% i get the following error"DVD Shrink encountered an error & can't continue Failed to read file "D:\" Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. I then tried using Decrypter and the PSL located in the thread concerning RE2 (ISO read) and then DVD Shrink and the burn with Nero. All seemed to work but I just tried to watch backup and at 1 hour 23 minutes into the movie it just freezes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. joschez

joschez Regular member

I was able to decoded the movie fine, but i could not burn it. I had to reformat my drive and re-install everything. After I did that, I was able to burn it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  3. joschez

joschez Regular member

try upgrading your dvd shink. new version DVD Decrypter v3.5.2.0 released

4. derryl

derryl Member

I have upgraded to the newest Decrypter today and it fails unless I use the PSL file from the thread on RE2. I have DVD Shrink 3.2 now. I don't see a newer version. As for too many burning programs. I've newer had a problem before. Just with this movie. Have probably backed up 30-40 titles before so I don't think its that. Any other ideas????

5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Sounds like a bad burn. Try again on RW media. If that works, use a slower burn rate like 4X on +R or -R media.

6. d-rock

d-rock Guest

I backed up my original copy of "Troy" with no problems using DVDShrink. I never compress though--I split it onto two single layer DVD's so I lose no quality. You might have a bad batch of blank media.

7. derryl

derryl Member

I don't understand how just using DVD Shrink can work for some people and not others. I have always been able to insert DVD and open DVD Shrink, Analyse, backup and the burn with Nero with no problems until this DVD.

8. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Derryl, the fact that you were able to analyze and burn a disk indicates that Shrink is probably not the problem. It is not unusual for a disk to freeze around the 90 minute mark when playing back if your burner and the media do not get along well. Try burning at a slower speed with different media or the same media and see if the problem persists. I'd use RW media until I identified the problem. This kind of thing happens all the time. Also you might try the new beta version of anyDVD. It is also possible that Nero is corrupted and may need to be uninstalled and then reinstalled. Also did you playback on a dvd player or your dvd burner? Sometimes playback is OK on the burner but not on a standalone player. In those cases, reburning on different media or at a slower burn rate often will solve the problem. What brand of burner, what version of Nero, and what media are you using? What burn rate did you use? Is your burner external or internal? Laptop or desktop?

9. derryl

derryl Member

The thing is I've been doing it this way for quite awhile now without any problems 30-40 backups with this setup and media type,same computer,same burner. So this is why I'm so at wits end. I was NOT able to analyse disk by using DVD Shrink, it got to about 63% and then errored. I used DVD Decrypter and the PSL file I found in another thread and was able to rip to ISO. Then took ISO file and used DVD Shrink on it and then Burned with Nero at 4X on Ridata 4X DVD-R.LG GSA-4040B. Like I said I've been doing this for awhile this way??????????????????