1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting frustrated with slow DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by doobie06, Dec 25, 2004.

1. doobie06

doobie06 Member

I just bought my first dvd burner and i'm having a little trouble with the software i'm using. The DVD burner i bought is a DVR-A08XL (16x max writing). Well i'm using DVDShrink to encode and DVD Decryptor to burn. DVDShrink is only transferring at about 2100 KB/s and it's taking about an hour to rip a dvd (too slow). DVD Decryptor is burning a DVD image in about 10 Mins now that i set up the DVD burner on its own IDE channel, but i would like to reconnect my CD burner back onto the IDE cable.

My comp specs:
    P4 3.0 Ghz
    1 Gb Ram PC 3200
    Win XP Pro
    DVD Media: Memorex 8x DVD +R

Can anybody let me know how to speed up the transfer rate on DVD Shrink?

Solutions i have tried so far:
    1) Setting up IDE to DMA mode on both primary and secondary
    2) Placing the DVD burner on its own channel. The oucome of this is that DVDShrink is still transferring very slow but the DVD Decryptor is burning a DVD in about 10 mins

From what i hear from many people is that it should only take about 30 mins to encode a DVD on DVD Shrink (mines taking a little over an hour).
    Please help and let me know of any suggestions.

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

I use Decrypter to rip(10-15 minutes)Shrink Deep Analysis/Encoding(20-30 miutes)Nero or Decrypter to burn
    (12 minutes@4x)I was getting rip times of 40-50 minutes at first.Problem turned out to be a program called [bold]Restore by Farstone.[/bold] Since disabling rip times are under 15 minutes for a dvd9.Programs like Nero InCD and Roxio Drag to Disc can also cause problems.Have you tried using [bold]msconfig[/bold]

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I notice that the analysis and encoding takes only 10 minutes if you save the disc to your hard drive first (whether using Decrypter or just copying to a HD directory). Problem is, it takes 20+ minutes just to copy it to the hard drive.