1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting games with a big toc to work

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by phishead, Apr 5, 2005.

1. phishead

phishead Member

Ive been searching all over the place trying to figure out how to refresh the toc. I have the new slim ps2 and just got swap magic 3.3 with the slim tools. I was reading on here about how to refresh the toc by putting the swap magic disk in the an orignal dvd (devil may cry) then booting the copied game. I put in the swap magic cd then i only have a choice to load program if i put in an orignial dvd it will just boot theres no way for me to put the copied game in. is there a word for word guide telling me how to do this. The 2 games im having trouble with are shining force neo and devil may cry 3.Ive gotten god of war dvd5 to work and a few other smaller games. please help

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

to refresh the toc, the ps2 must know you opened it.

3. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

so if you refresh the TOC with a Original Game disc that is larger than the TOC backup you're trying to play.. it will allow you to play the Backup even if it's not the same as the orig you're using for the TOC?

So I could use a large TOC Orginal and Play Sonic Heroes Backup disc?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

1st question, yes, it just has to be a big original game, doesn't matter which one.
    sonic heroes, i don't know, don't have it.

5. phishead

phishead Member

I got devil may cry to work i just burned it bad. Shining force neo is about 4.6 gigs so i think its bigger then the swap magic disc. This is the only game i cant get to work. It looks like its going to boot but then it just keeps spining and the tv just stays black.

6. pretense

pretense Regular member

Only game I've heard of needing a TOC-refresh with the Swap Magic 3.3 is FIFA Street (unpatched). That said, you can still do TOC refreshes by using the cogswaploader DVD (put in an original high-TOC game before you put in your backup) or DVDLoader v7 All (do the same thing, but press triangle to spin down or spin up the discs as needed).

7. 007PStwo

007PStwo Regular member

Sonic heros is good. 4.37 gigs.

99% of big games can simply be rebuilt... Only big toc game that is DVD-5 that cant just be rebuilt is FIFA STREET and there is a patch for it.

8. phishead

phishead Member

I have devil may cry so i used it to refresh the toc. but i still couldnt get shining force to work. Ive wasted 3 dvds now to look like there goin to boot they it just sits there with a black screen the my 3rd copy said it wasnt a ps2 disk. I wish i knew if other people were having troubles with this game.This sucks because it only came out in japan so doubt there are alot of people using it in the us.

9. nunzv.1

nunzv.1 Member

can i do a toc refresh with ghost clips?

10. rforce80

rforce80 Member

I also have [bold]SHINING FORCE NEO[/bold], the original japanese version, and I can't use it with my swap magic disc version 3.3 on my PStwo. Please, if anyone discovers how to make it work, just leave a message here. Thanks!!

11. ninjapath

ninjapath Regular member

When you refresh the TOC, after insteaded the bigger TOC dvd orginial game. Do you have to force the dvd to stop spinning in order to swap? because mine kept on spinning.

12. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yes, the ps2 HAS to know you opened it. You have to take out the piece over the sensor.

13. ninjapath

ninjapath Regular member

Let me get this straight. 1) insert the swap magic disc, 2) after it got to the load screen, open the ps2 cd tray, 3) put in a high toc orginal dvd game, 4)open the flip top cover(this is what i had) okay, here is the problem the disc kept on spinning, Fast Too!!! you want me to force it to stop then put in the dvd backup game??
    For step 1, can i used cd verion swap magic instead of dvd to play dvd backup game?

14. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

ok ninja, do you have the modified fliptop for the ps2 or the little sensor covers? Have you gotten any backups to work?

15. ninjapath

ninjapath Regular member

i had the flip top cover for the ps2 slim size. Yes, i did got some backup games to worked, but sometimes my dvd swap magic won't read if you read some of my posted in Swap magic won't start.

16. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

ok, so this is why you want to do the toc refresh. Have you tried cleaning your ps2 laser?

17. ninjapath

ninjapath Regular member

No, but i don't think it's the len, because i only had this ps2 for about 1 month, and i usually kept it clean. Besides, all of my orginial games are working fine.

18. mickK

mickK Regular member

What im thinking is that he thinks he only needs the swamp magic CD's to play CD backups. am I correct? in order to use those disks you need a way to trick the lid sensor. You can do this by purchasing the "magic switch" which will let you trick the lid sensor so you can play backups on the slimline PS2

19. heatleyg

heatleyg Member

Guys, I've also been struggling to work out this TOC.

I have a slimline PS2 that uses the slimtool (lid can open without re-setting the console).

The game I have is Uefa 2005.

would be much appreciated if you can help.

Regards,

20. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

to refresh the toc, your ps2 MUST know you opened it.