1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Green blobs from Band & DJ lights when encoding

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by SteveAOV, Nov 10, 2002.

1. SteveAOV

SteveAOV Guest

I'm using a DV-Studio real time Encoder with DVDit-PE to author. I've been using this for over 2 years with the pioneer s-201 and now the ao3 and ao4. We do mostly special events - wedding and parties - and some band demos disks.
    I've found that on several dvd's we've had a problem with certain band lights (or DJ lights)
    turning a bright - green. Can't figure out why.
    tried reencoding with diffent bit rates, tried adjusting output of orig. material through a TBC. still same green blobs. It's only happended on 2 or 3 disks out of maybe 150 total that we've done.

Any Ideas anyone?

I'm new to this forum so don't know if this has been brought up before.

Thanks
    Steve Newbert

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Steve, I take it that the output of the encoder already has the green blobs. Do the lights go green if you capture to an AVI and use a software encoder?

3. SteveAOV

SteveAOV Guest

Thanks for the reply.
    haven't tried that yet. that seems like a very long
    work-around.
    I'm just trying to determine if there is anyone else out there using another real time encoder having a similar problem, or is this one from DVStudio the only one that has this problem.

I will try that though. just the segment with the lights.

thanks for the input.

4. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

I've encoded many live band shows with the StormEncoder for the Canopus DVStorm without the green blobs. FYI.