1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting it!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fasfrank, Oct 20, 2003.

1. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

To all of you who responded to my questions THANK YOU! I finally backed up some of my DVDs! Now Ive got to back up a bunch more to justify all the bucks, coulda bought a lot of replacements.... anyone can do that though. My new DVDs are double discs. Used DVD X Gold to make uncompressed copys. Shrink 2.3 works great to get the movies down to size, but the trouble im having now is getting them into Nero6. Its like they grew! Could I be mixing the files up with previous attempts left on my hard drive? The guides at Oriphus's site worked great, had the files down to size and just used a small amount of compression. Can I use my Video X Gold to burn compressed files? Like to make it work if possible. It does make nice 2 disc copys with all the features left on the movie though. Well at least I know I can make two disc copys! Thanks again, Frank

2. koola

koola Guest

You need CloneDVD which will rip,process, then burn your DVD with or without the features, menus etc.
    If you use CloneDVD, you will need AnyDVD to decrypt the DVD for CloneDVD to read it.

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Burning with Clone DVD is not a good idea. Try using Shrink V3.0 beta. It will take longer to rip if you use 'analysis' option than v2.3 (which is recommended), but the end result is very good and you will not have any problems with file size after dragging the files into Nero. By the way you can rip and compress the files in one go with Shrink - you don't need to use DVD X Copy first.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I prefer DVD Shrink myself. You really only need to use the Deep Analysis option if the compression rate is more than 10%.