1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting multipart Torrents to work

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Haisook, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Haisook

Haisook Member

Hi all..

I downloaded a few games like Exit, Mega Man Powered Up, and Burnout Legends. Problem is that each torrent contains many RAR files (each around 15-19mb) with sequential names (like 001, 002, 003..etc). However, each of them has the same ISO inside.

Do I need to somehow paste those RARs together or just extract an ISO from any RAR?

Another case, Burnout Legends has extensions .001, .002,..etc rather than .rar -- I tried HJsplit to join them together, renamed the output to .rar, and tried to extract the ISO inside, but it asked me for a .r00 extension.

I'd appreciate your help!!!!!!

2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

when u double click on one of the archives then that is the full iso. just extract the iso and copy to the iso folder

3. REAM

REAM Guest

open up any of the .rXX fiels, and extract.

your iso will be complete.

4. Haisook

Haisook Member

Thanks.. it worked.

But I'm curious as to why the torrent has all of these rar files when one is enough (?!?)

5. simpsim1

simpsim1 Regular member

The ISO would have been packed in a multipart archive. This is done to make it easier for the scene releasers to distribute their files. If you've ever used Usenet, you'll understand why the smaller multipart files are an advantage.