1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting My 360 Flashed soon...but confused about some things

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Bekim, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Bekim

Bekim Member

Hi all new here...

So im taking my 360 to a store to get flashed in a few days and i was asking him questions all seemed fine, he said he will install latest version of ixtreme.

So when i asked if they sell 360 games there he said yes and said all our games are stealth patched otherwise they wont work. Now im thinking if i get this done...the only way i can play backups is if i buy them from there...i want to be able to backup my own too using the wxripper method and patching the ss file etc...or even downloading them.

If you guys are making your own backups...how are you still able to play it on your ixtreme? isnt doing the ss file patch and all that in the tutorial the way to go? What do i need to do if i want to make my own backups and use it if i have ixtreme installed?...do i just tell him to install xtreme firmware instead of ixtreme? I dont really play on LIVE anyways.

im really confused because ive seen so many tutorials about burning backups and they all seem the same...rip, patch, burn...now if everyone is using ixtreme why does it not say anything in these tutorials about stealthing if it is NEEDED and so important to run on the 360.

Im so confused someone please help. Thanks.

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

if you want to play backups on with the iextreme, just buy the samsung shd-162c drive. easiest way of doing it. or just download them, most of the major scene released are prepatched with the SS DMI and PFI files that are need to play with iextreme.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

well the answer to that is easy. making your own back ups with the correct program (Xbox Backup Creator..newest version) you will not have to stealth patch anything.

Here is what i suggest. Spend some money up front and you will be VERY happy. Buy a Samsung DVD-Rom drive for your PC flashed with Kreon firmware. You can get it at Ebay. They can read original Xbox games and back them up.
    SH-D162C is if you have an open IDE connection (big fat grey ribbon)
    SH-D163A is if you have an SATA connection

After that backing up is a simple 3-4 step process and all games you make will be stealth with no patching needed.
    Always use quality Verbatim DVD+R DL 6X max speed DVD's
    there are back up tutorials in bold at the top of this thread.

Stealth patching is for people who just do not want to do it the easy way, and is not mentioned much since it has only been needed since the I-Xtreme firmware came out. Before that it was suggested that you do it but not needed as the games would still play.
    If you never plan to use live you can just get the older firmware just before I-Xtreme and games will play fine without patching. But if you do later get live your pretty much screwed because you will have to re-make every non-stealth patched game and re-flash to the new firmware

4. Ginger007

Ginger007 Member

Yes I agree with that but bear this in mind:

The Samsungs mentioned and flashed with Kreon firmware (1.00) can also go into USB external boxes if that is better for you. I burned from several computers including laptops so needed one to be portable.

I prefer to rip with the latest version of Schtrom and it's pretty much a one click program and does the stealth thing automatically. I then burn with Imgburn onto Verbatims using a Pioneer burner but it has worked on every burner I have tried including generic laptop burners.

If you want to make further copies from your backups, follow the clone CD tutorial at the top of page one here on the forums.

With this method I do not get coasters and it works just great. I don't tend to download though because of the time it takes and the effort but most people seem to. I rent the games and backup from a newly released game.

I have flashed two Hitachi drives today with iXtreme 1.2rev2 and they play everything I have tried.

You really must get the Kreon flashed drive - you won't regret it!

Enjoy...

5. Bekim

Bekim Member

Thanks for the replies guys...

now lets say i tell him to install ixtreme 1.2 and i buy that samsung drive with the kreon flashed on it.

If i backup using xbox backup creator like steimy mentioned...is there a tutorial on backing up games with that program? cause i cant find anything on here...all i find is the old method using ss merger and the old xtreme firmware

or is it better i use Schtrom like Ginger007 mentioned?

can you guys show me a tutorial or something on how to backup using these programs instead of the old wxripper and ssmerger method. And lets say i download one off the net and its not stealthed...how do i go about making the downloaded image stealthed and ready for use? Same programs? argh so confusing...

6. Bekim

Bekim Member

forgot to mention my 360 drive has a hitachi..

7. steimy

steimy Active member

you won't need a tutorial. It is simple if you get the drive i mentioned. Here is how easy:
    1. download and install both IMGburn and Xbox Backup Creator (both free)
    2. Put original disc in your Samsung DVD-Rom drive and make a folder for the game on your PC.
    3. go to tools tab and click the unlock drive button (not sure this is 100% needed but it is the method i use)
    4. go to read tab and hit start and save to the folder you made.
    5. after it is done reading you have a complete stealth copy consiting of a .DVD file and an ISO image file

Burning has two methods. If your burner can booktype media, which not all can, you need to set IMGburn to burn all DVD+R DL media as DVD-Rom by clicking on the little book icon by the speed setting at the right side of the program. Chopose the maker of yor burner on the tabs, then the drive you have in the drop down box. You then set two drop down tabs. First will be the media to change which is DVD+R DL. The second will be what to change to which is DVD-Rom. Now click the change button and a pop up will tell you if it is successful.
    Again this is not needed for them to work but it REALLY helps with compatibility since DVD-Rom is the format original games are in.

ok method #1 (put blank Verbatim DVD+R DL disc in burner)
    After setting the booktyping go to mode and click on write.
    Click on the first folder beside source and browse for the DVD file in the folder you made.
    Set the burn speed at eitrher 2.4X of 4X if you use 6X max discs.
    not hit the button at the bottom with the picture of the disc and burn it.

method #2 is by burning the ISO file. For this you must move the DVD file out of the folder to your desktop because IMGburn by default will always make you use it.

now in IMGburn do all the same things as above but before you do manually set the layer break:
    To set the layer break in DVD Decrypter go to tools-->settings-->ISO write mode-->layer break. Check the user specified box. Type in 1913760 and click ok.
    and this time choose the ISO file instead of the DVD file and everything else is the same

either method will work fine, but you MUST set the layer break when using the ISO file.

May sound like a lot but do it once or twice and you will see it is a breeze.

8. Bekim

Bekim Member

Hey thanks for all your help...i got it done on monday i went ahead and got the ixtreme 1.2 and it works like a charm. He also sold me the samsung drive and gave me the kreon firmware to flash it with.

So far i have had no problems i have been backing up using xbc and burning with imgburn and all is good. Thanks!

So now that i can pop in any 360 game in my pc and back it up with no hassels...my only question is how about downloaded games? When i check the .nfo file on nearly all the releases most of them dont even say if it is stealthed/ixtreme compatible...so how do i know if it is and if it's not...how do i make it compatible?