1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting new PSP.. Bricked old one

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sharptoo, Dec 28, 2007.

1. sharptoo

sharptoo Member

So i bricked my psp i got for xmas. I returned it and going to get a new slim one. I was luckey enough to get an fat psp with 2.71 fw. But i screwed it up. So im getting a new one.
    Im going to get the Dexter pack.
    I play to do CFW but i dont want to brick it. I was reading that the only way to put CFW on a new slim it with the Magic stick and pandoras batt. s this correct? When i do it this time i dont want to brick it. anything i should watch out when i do it this time. Also i think im going to buy a alldata batt for the pandora not unless someone is selling one!!! Any suggestions for CFW would be great....

2. Codeman74

Codeman74 Regular member

well...

A Slim PSP does not support 1.5 firmware... so that would be my first suggestion... lol

Also you can always turn your battery back into normal... But i would still get the battery ;)

3. Rorro_Rey

Rorro_Rey Guest

After you've gotten your DAtel battery and your slim psp just use this guide here to go staright to 3.71 M33-2

and then after that's done then download this here

to get your psp up to the latest CFW as of now.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2007
  4. sharptoo

sharptoo Member

So, with the slim psp. you dont have to do a hard mod to creat the pandora batt? It just a software mod?

5. Rorro_Rey

Rorro_Rey Guest

You only have to harm mod a battery..for both SLIm and Phat...if you don't have acces to a 1.50 psp or a CFW psp.

But since your getting a DATEL TOOL BATTERY there is no need for hard modding it....you are getting a DATEL TOOL BATTERY right..?

If not then ignore my whole info about the battery...but the MMS part is right.

6. sharptoo

sharptoo Member

yea, i think that is the safest way to go. Alway can use the batt for normal use as well...

Another question is it easy to do the mms mod. Ive read thew the guide. Using that method is their any way to brick you psp? Also i was reading that with the pandora batt you can unbrick any psp. this is true right? so if i do mess this on up i can just unbrick it...

Is the only place to buy the batt is online?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  7. Rorro_Rey

Rorro_Rey Guest

Mmm

Yup..you can unbrick your psp if anything happens...but nothing will happen if you do everything correctly....its 100% safe..and yes it can unbrick any psp...;)