1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting PS2 to recognize 3rd party hard drive

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by getwell, Sep 1, 2004.

1. getwell

getwell Member

I recently installed a larger 120 gig maxtor drive instead of the offical ps2 hard drive. When the system is booted into the ps2 browser the Hard drive is not recognized as being installed. Thru the use of programs like hdloader i can see that the drive is working and available but i cannot get the playstation itself to recognize it. This is a problem because i wanted to reinstall FFXI but using any of the install disks displays an error that a hard drive is not installed.

I just was wondering if anyone was able to get FFXI installed on a 3rd party drive or how to get the ps to recognize the drive.

2. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

The ps2 will not recognize any hard drive except the offical sony ps2 hard drive. The special disc that came with the sony hard drive and the game will not work. I tried doing that before and it didn't work.
    But why not you try using the HD loader and install FFXI from there?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |PS2v7 Modded|160 GB Maxtor HDD|Free HDLoader|Action Replay Max Evo|USB Cooling Fan|
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

I highly doubt ffxi will work without an original sony hd.

4. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

anything possible..^_^

|PS2v7 Modded|160 GB Maxtor HDD|Free HDLoader|Action Replay Max Evo|USB Cooling Fan|
    Not godly enought...

5. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

i heard that someone was workign on a fix for this?

anyone heard any progress yet?

-x-x-x-