1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Sky Movies

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Glens, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Glens

Glens Member

Totally new to this, so bear with me if this has been discussed here before.

Ive got a Sagem D-box and until recently got Sky Movies no problems.
    They were all moved and renamed so I re-scanned and got all the channels back.

However, now that Telewest has changed to virgin, on the movie channels, like Sky Premier I get a message saying

Welcome to Sky Movies channels
    These Channels broadcast 12, 15 and 18 certificate movies,
    so you'll need to enter your PIN to watch. There are no extra charges.
    Please check your Virgin TV Guide for details of movie start times.

Press Red and enter your PIN to access Sky Movies

Ok, so I tried pressing the red button, but all I get up is the Event List Menu.

ANy advice on how I view these movies?

2. PapaLazru

PapaLazru Guest

Try Going into the Boquets, there`ll be other versions of them channels without a pin lock.

move them up to where ya want them and move the others out, or even better delete them.

3. Glens

Glens Member

I've tried to do this.

Went through all 446 channels that were found during the re-scan. Many channels, like BBC1, appear a couple of times, say on channel 72, then again on 300odd.

However, the sky movies do not appear without the pinlock. Infact, they do not appear again. I went through each channel individually to check it wasn't under another name, but nothing.

Any other ideas?

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The movie channels with the real picture have a HID extension in the name.

5. Glens

Glens Member

I think you may have hit the nail on the head there!

for example, just now on Sky Drama 'Ladies in Lavendar' is meant to be on. On Sky Drama Hid the EPG says 'football tonight' followed by Sky Sports News at 10' but the channel is showing a film which I think is 'Ladies in Lavendar'.

Is there any way I can change the EPG on Sky Drama Hid so that it shows the correct thing?

6. dc69

dc69 Regular member

transfer your services file to you pc and you can edit it with microsoft word,or you can use a bouquet editor,there should be info on the forums