1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting SNES station to work with an unmodded PS2 with ARMAX

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by ocean11, Dec 21, 2004.

1. ocean11

ocean11 Guest

Hi! I just bought myself an Action Replay MAX for PS2 and love the PGEN emulator on it, was just wondering if there is a way of getting Snes Station to work with it without any mod chips or slide card / swap disc methods? I put the emulator on the pen drive and it loaded up but couldnt recognise any roms that were on it.

2. superstui

superstui Regular member

tell me more about the pen drive

3. ocean11

ocean11 Guest

Well i got one of these http://www.memorykeytools.com/images/memorykey.jpg
    and using the media centre in the new Action Replay Max i can boot up SNES station by renaming snes_station.elf to autoexec.elf and putting that on the pen drive. However, SNES station cannot recognise any roms that are on any cds i put in the ps2 or any roms that are on the pen drive. I was just wondering if there is anyway of getting SNES station to recognise the roms on the pen drive or getting it to recognise the cd without any slide card / modchipping?

4. superstui

superstui Regular member

sorry i can't really help you with that

5. Anto001

Anto001 Guest

Im havin' trouble tryin to put the SNES emu on anything

My MAX Media creator program wont let me copy to anything

How do I create a PEN DRIVE
    (ive got a 32mb USB MEM STIK)

And is there a thread on this board for helping me use ARmax in BACKING UP my older PS2 games

Thanks if anyone replys?

6. EugeneE

EugeneE Guest

Basically put, the reason why SNES-STATION won't recognize your CD is because the Max Media Creator creates UMCDR CD's & SNES-STATION was released before UMCDR came out.

Simply put, only PGEN can read CD's created by Max Media Creator because PGEN has support for UMCDR. UMCDR is a dead format, it was created in March 2004 by Drakonite & discontinued in April 2004 because Hermes of PS2 Reality was trying to use the UMCDR format to load warez/backups. Datel used UMCDR in the Action Replay Max Evo without permission from Drakonite.