1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Started, I'm new

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by swapped, Oct 13, 2004.

1. swapped

swapped Member

Ok, I'm pretty new to Playstation, just picked one up and found out that I have a version 4. I have about 6 games and have just recently made backups on dvd of them using dvdecrypter. I want to know what the easiest way is to put my games on a hard drive becasuse i really hate how long i have to wait in Burnout 3 for the levels to load. I'm not looking to copy games or priate games, i really have no problem buying a game if i really like it. I just want to have them on the hard drive for fast loading and selecting. I know that to use a hard drive I need a network controller and like a maxtor hard drive, I'm gonna get a 120gb. How do i format that hard drive to work with ps2? I have heard of HD advance and HD loader, but i know that they are hard to come by, so i could download them but then i need a modchip. Is there a way to put a boot sector/whatever boots onto a memory card and then boot off the memory card into the hard drive??? Becasue that would be the best call for me. Anyone have tutorials. Thank You for all your help.

2. notmyname

notmyname Regular member