1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting started with HDD Loaders and such.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by imharry, Mar 9, 2007.

1. imharry

imharry Member

Hey all, pretty new to the whole HD loading thing.

I have a modded ps2, had it for about 4 years, but the laser is slowly starting to die on it. I have the hard drive/network adapter for it.

Problem is, i cant use a cd to install the necessary exploits etc..as most tutorials ive come across have said is necessary.

I was just wondering if there's anyway around this, such as using a dvd, usb etc, and if anyone could point me in the direction of some tutorials.

Thanks all,
    Harry.

2. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

Download the hdloader 0.8b iso (sksapps.com)
    Burn it to cd, then run that cd to load the hdd.
    No need for exploits since you already have a modchip.
    You can either install games using that hdloader and your ps2 dvd drive, or you can your pc (WHich I recommend since your lazer already dying) and use a program called winhiip to install onto the hdd. (But u need atleast a dvd rom drive to make an iso of the game, or unelss you downloaded it). Or if you can run elf files from the modchip, i heard some have like 2mb onboard memory or something, if you put the hdlaoder 0.8b elf file in that, and load that while booting then you wont need any cd's.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2007