1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting started!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by NooobFTW, Feb 11, 2007.

1. NooobFTW

NooobFTW Guest

Hello!.

I own a gamecube (i have it 3-3.and half years now..), and i have many original games(RE/1/2/3/4,Mario,zelda...etc).
    I think its time to get a soft mod , so , i started reading the guides.

Well , the guides are perfect , but...i cant find any of the games/soft mods like them.

I did a search on CodeJunkies , and i found these:

1.GC:ACTION REPLAY :
    http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=117
    2. sd media launcher:
    http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=389

AND, i think the BEST ,is this one:

3. http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=142
    Thats all.

which one should i get?
    And how can i load the backups??

2. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

Get the SD Media Launcher, the 1gb version which comes WITH a 1gb SD, a usb memory card reader, and the GC dvd. From there, you need to get GCos 1.x and burn your backups to minidvd with imgburn at 1x.

Wulfie

3. NooobFTW

NooobFTW Guest

Thanks for the info...but i cant just use a normal dvd-r?(like sony-r etc) ??

4. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

you can only use a 'normal' dvd if you have modded your case to accept full sized dvd's, i.e. something like the icedcube case replacement.

5. NooobFTW

NooobFTW Guest

Ok thanks , but i have 3 more questions for you(it seems that you're informed) :

1. The size of the mini discs is only 1.4gb! , does this matters?

2. Can you write in few lines how you play games?
    I dont really understand what is that os , and , if you have to swap the discs(like in ps2)..

3. this MEDIA LAUNCHER:
    http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=389
    Has everything ?
    Well , it says that it has "adapters" but..i just want to read your opinion..

Thanks for your help so far..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2007
  6. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

1. yes, gamecube games come on a mini-dvd, and gamecube can only load mini-dvds unless you got a viper case or icedcube case which would allow you to use full-sized dvds, but the gamecube can only read up to the 1.4gb mark.

2. Get the datel sd media launcher that you linked in #3, backup your gamecube game to a mini-dvd, get GCos 1.x (google for it) and put the .dol file on your sd card, put sd card into sd adapter, run sd media launcher dvd on your gamecube, load GCos 1.x, select 'boot dvd', put your backup in and play.

3. already answered in #2

7. NooobFTW

NooobFTW Guest

Wow , sounds easy.
    Thanks for your time, and help!

8. NooobFTW

NooobFTW Guest

Im about to place the order , can someone tell me if:

1. It will work with PAL games ?

2. Where do i place the SD card? in memory card's slot?
    if yes , can i use the SD card as a memory card also?

3. I guess it must have a usb cable so i can connect the SD card with my pc.....Right?

4. Can i trust this site?

THANKS!

9. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

the Datel SD media launcher comes with a small usb card reader and cable, no need for that. As far as PAL games on an NTSC system, I'm unsure. The SD card goes in the memory card, kinda like an Action Replay memory card with a slot for the SD card. No, you can't use the SD card as a memory card. I got my SD Media Launcher in a reasonable amount of time, although there are others that have had to wait a while to get it. Hope that answers MOST of your questions.

Wulfie

10. NooobFTW

NooobFTW Guest

Very nice , thanks for your time.

About my system ..
    Since i leave in Europe , its PAL....so im going to use PAL games...of course :)...i didnt make this clear , sorry..

What about NTSC -> TO PAL system?
    I guess there must be a program that does the conversion...i'll search for it .

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2007
  11. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

As far as playing ntsc games on a pal system, you can try to use the 'force pal' feature of gcos 1.5 or 1.x, which is need to run backups anyhow ;)

12. NooobFTW

NooobFTW Guest

Thanks , time2buy :)