1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting started

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by nameless3, Apr 19, 2007.

1. nameless3

nameless3 Member

hey im vary new to this right now i have a psp version 2.82 and i have a 30mb card and before i got a bigger card i wanted to know what i would need to play a downloaded games like i want to play smackdown vs raw 2007 the file is a cso how would i play it what would i need to play it and what do i need to do to the psp to play it

i also want to know if i could play games i bought and have the umds for after gettin the stuff to play the downloaded game or would i have to play downloaded games form then on i dont want to do that i would like to support games i like

thanks for the help

2. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

you will need a custom firmware for your psp ther are lots of stickies telling you how to do this. you will need a bigger memory card the size is up to you i guess it comes down to what u can afford i personally like the 2 gig as i can usually fit 2or 3 of the bigger games and up to 5 or 6 of the smaller ones as the smallest iso's can range 150mb to 400mb. dont worry about playing umd's after you have the custom firmware installed they will still run fine.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  3. nameless3

nameless3 Member

can you point me in the right direction ive looked at the mother load post should try and get the Devhook 0.46 to work and will it run newer games? what framework would i need i no nothing about that so if you can give me some info on what i should get like i want to run newer games what devhook is the best and what framework would go with it

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  4. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

i have just been having this problem myself and yes devhook will run the newer games but so will custom firmware version 3.03oe-c with a bit of tweeking of the config menus. i couldnt run ratchet and clank or stars wars but i now have them working and it wasnt hard there are threads to help with this. i think the first thing you should concentrate on is getting a custom firmware because i think even if you want to use devhook you will need it. devhook is an older app. and a bit different to a custom firmware in that a custom firmware is flashed to your psp (little bit dangerous but not if you do it properly) and devhook runs from your memry card taking up valuable space that you could be using for other stuff. custom firmware is much better to use. but you make up you r own mind i use custom firmware and have been able to run all my games so far on 3.03oe-c.

5. nameless3

nameless3 Member

where can i get 3.03oe-c and what are the risk will my psp run diffrent i dont want to ruin my psp im vary new to this(never done anything like this before) would i be ably to set it up my self

6. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

there is an easy installer at top of the forums "wininstaller" by hexitnow which i used and is very easy and safe. now to the finer pionts. the only problem is you may need to downgrade to version 1.5 to start with because this was sonys first firmware and the most expliotable. you will need to read up on what your first move is from your existing firmware version they can be a bit different. once you are at firmware1.5 it is easy from there. you may also need to check what type of mother board you have there is 2 i think and the process or the programs you use are different for both. but dont worry there is heaps of info on all this stuff right here in this forum you just need to search for it. i could tell you but it would take me and you ages to it and all the instryctions are already written you just need to find them. go find out which way you need to up or downgrade form your firmware and if you have a ta082 motherboard. then post back if you like i will try and help.

7. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member