1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting subtitles to work on my dvd player

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by steze, Mar 28, 2007.

1. steze

steze Member

Hello everyone. im really clueless about these things and ive been reading the previous posts which are similar to my thread but i dont understand it so i'll briefly explain what i want to do.
    I currently own a sony dvp-ns62p dvd player. It reads divx files, avi etc.. ive got a load of korean movies that i want to watch on the dvd player. The korean movies have seperate subtitles files which are in .srt format.
    When i burn the movie onto dvd as data format. the dvd player reads it and plays the movie fine but the subtitles dont show up.. i press the subtitle button on the remote and it sais " no subititle recorded"
    how do i get the dvd to read the srt file or somehow get the subtitles to work coz i cant understand korean LOL.
    Cheers

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

For some Sony players there was a firmware that added subtitle support (also handling of the XVID fourCC from recollection) for others there wasn't so unless someone has hacked the firmware (I believe the players are MTK based), then there isn't much you can do. If it is DivX certified though, then it should support DivX files containing xsub streams.