1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting the famous "dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue invalid dvd navigation structure" message

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dabig25, Jan 15, 2014.

1. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Hey folks it's been awhile since I've been on AFD.

Well my old PC crashed & used Nero Recode to back up my DVD's. Now have a newer Windows 7 PC.

Downloaded DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 & also IMGburn. Still have AnyDVD and it's up to date.

When trying to back up a few DVD's have gotten the " DVD Shrnk encountered an error & cannot continue Invalid DVD structure message"
    I though it was the DVD since it had a few bad scratches on it but tried other dvd's but still getting the message.

I made sure AnyDVD scaned the discs first to remove protection but still not working ?

Any suggestions feeling like a newbie again ??

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Chetwood

Chetwood Regular member

Shrink has always been picky when it comes to specs compliance so if ripping a DVD to disc with AnyDVD or DVDFab and then opening it in Shrink won't do, there's pretty much nochting you can do.

4. dp70

dp70 Member

Shrink is a very nice application, it does not tolerate invalid directory structures. The DVD Fab firm, will allow free use of their program for dvd archiving. From there, the files on the hard drive can be addressed with Shrink. There are other free programs, I chose the one I use.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  5. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Forgot to mention I have AnyDVD just scanning disc....Not ripping it to HD.

Will that make a difference ?

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Regular member

run it thru clonedvd if still no go dump the menu & select titles only even 1 title at a time if need be

7. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Clone DVD works fine.

I just wanted to try it with shrink since IMO compression quality is better

I never back up movies with menu. Always just back up main movie only

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  8. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Now when its time for IMG Burn to burn onto a blank disc this message comes up
    What's going on ??

I use AnyDVD to rip disc to HD
    Then use DVD Shrink to compress it
    Now when trying to use IMG Burn to write it to Blank Disc and get this ??

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  9. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Regular member

Not sure if you should be concerned or not only things i can think of is either a permission issue or hard drive has damaged sectors tho it does seems strange those sectors were able to be written too without an error popup ,best bet either move iso to another partition or another hdd try again if error comes up again re create from scratch the iso on that other partition or hdd,if it works i'd run seagate seatools for windows on C,do a smart test a basic test & long generic

10. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

I had a similar problem before:

1.- New versions of AnyDVD & FAB Apps. Rip the VOB file to a fake location to E:\ or. D:\ by Default!
    2.- When is save to: C:\ [HD] & as soon the ripper app is closed: The already ripped ISO structure change to be configure to work with the ripper App "Combo-deal = Encoding Engine". So we end up having problems with Shrink & other apps. to ID the ISO.

My advice: Check here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-35/i_need_something_like_dvdfab-971204/#5934302

Good Luck.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014