1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting the most out of your wii - can it stream sports online?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by lmac222, Jun 2, 2013.

1. lmac222

lmac222 Regular member

So I watch a lot of sports online. NFL Redzone, college bball, ufc ppvs via firstrow, or cbssports, or various sites.

Those sites use Flash player I take it on the computer. While the wii can access those sites, once i hit the links to start it up....it tells me flash player is needed and cant be used with the wii.

Is there a workaround that?

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Nope because the version of web browser that is on the wii is a stripped down version of the powerpc version of safari and because adobe doesn't support powerpc sorry you can't

however the wii u can

3. vwilder

vwilder Member

[/quote]

Nope because the version of web browser that is on the wii is a stripped down version of the powerpc version of safari and because adobe doesn't support powerpc sorry you can't

however the wii u can[/quote]

Nintendo wii uses opera web browser, not safari

4. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

however the wii u can[/quote]

Nintendo wii uses opera web browser, not safari[/quote]

if it uses opera then please explain when they dumped the wii browser it contained a safariext.plist file then ???

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

megadunderhead, read this.
    The Internet Channel features a Web browser made by Opera Software, which allows users to surf the World Wide Web. This browser can be used to access web sites, perform web searches, etc. Wii owners who are connected and have activated the Wii Shop Channel can download the Opera browser to activate the Internet Channel of the Wii Menu and begin surfing the Web. A broadband Internet connection is required. The Internet Channel costs 0 Wii Points to download, and is available in the Wii Shop Channel, in the Wii Channels section.
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/gi_channels.jsp?menu=internet

6. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Nintendo wii uses opera web browser, not safari[/quote]

if it uses opera then please explain when they dumped the wii browser it contained a safariext.plist file then ???[/quote]

its has been opera for as long as I can rememer