1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting the ps2 screen but then it goes black..sometimes disc read error

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ekum6, May 20, 2007.

1. ekum6

ekum6 Member

a lil while a ago i got the dreaded disc read error message. I did my research and found out how to clean the laser and all the other stuff. It didnt work, so i left it. Last night, i was looking at it again but i found out how to asjust those white pegs. I toyed around with those things a for a while, afteer a short time i got to the point where the playstation 2 screen would load. After the screen went away, it would jus stay black. The disc was still spinning but the screen would stay black after the ps2 screen. Can someone please help.

I have version 10 ps2 with a matrix infinity modchip

i have done my research but i couldnt find anything, can someone hlep my or refer me to a thread which covers this topic

2. Hack_Zero

Hack_Zero Regular member

The thing about this forum is that there's WAY more people asking for help then there is people willing to help. I don't know the answer, but you're better off asking at console-exploits.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Could be a lot of things, but it looks like you covered the basics of cleaning the lens and laser adjustment. With laser adjustment that usually will only help with the disc read error, not the fact that no picture is displaying on your screen.
    If you are not even seeing the PS2 browser screen that would have nothing at all to do with the laser and that would show up without any disc in the machine. So the next thing i would check would be the AV cable to the TV. Then possible the modchip. If you really want it fixed and are in the US then you can send it to Teammodders and have them do it.

and as for no one here helping that can be somewhat true. The reason being that SOOOOO many good members have either left, ignor basic questions because answers could be found by searching, or have moved on to next gen consoles. But there are still a few people who will try their best to help.

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  4. ekum6

ekum6 Member

im getting the browser screen and when i click on the disk. It loads normally, gets to the playstation 2 start up screen like every otehr game and then it jus stay black.