1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting transfer errors when ftp'ing to xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by showan, Dec 12, 2004.

1. showan

showan Regular member

hey all

I was wondering if anyone gets these errors when trying to copy movies or large files over to their xbox from their pc. I am using Cute FTP Pro 6 to do this stuff. I tried copying the movie SAW which is about 700MB to the E:\videos on my xbox and I get this error: 502 Size is not implemented. Command not implemented. Failed to establish data Socket.

Anyone know what the hell this means?? thanks

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Use FlashFXP instead. I've been using this for a long time, never had any problem like you described.

3. showan

showan Regular member

flash xp is a piece of s**t!!! everytime I try to connect with it, it says it's connected and then I don't see any directories in the xbox window. My mouse pointer turns into the little hourglass icon as if it was "thinking" but then just sits there. So yeah...I get no directory listing. I am having so many damn problems with these stupid ftp programs

4. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

settle down their killer. flashfxp is the best for myself and for sjchu. this is why we would recommend it. make sure you have the correct settings on your computer.

check out xbox-scene.com and go to the tutorials tab.