1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting wiikey 1.2 on DVD

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by pre9jm, Jun 28, 2007.

1. pre9jm

pre9jm Member

hello. I need major help on this. The problem is that i have downloaded the wiikey 1.2 config from the internet and dont know what i should do next.

I have to open it using winrar and when i do that and get a bunch of other stuff. I read that i have to click on the bootable disc pal batch, so i did.....and then another winrar file ends up on my desktop screen....i open that up and i get other stuff....

So whats next?? Why cant i just get an icon called BOOTABLEDISC PAL with the magic 3 letters ISO at the end?? then all i do is burn it. Y is it so bloody difficult??

Sorry (hehe) i am really frustrated with all of this. I wish som1 can help me understand, i would really appreciate it.

Oh yeah and its the same with all the other Wii games i downloaded...i can never get an iso file from those games. I get errors like its too big a file and that it should be about 4Gb. Its just does my head'in...:(

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Easy problem to fix.

You have WinRAR associated with ISO files. So any ISO file will have the WinRAR icon.

Do the below to fix this issue...

1) Start WinRAR

2) Go to Options then Settings

[​IMG]

3) Click on Integration Tab

4) Untick the ISO Box

5) Click on OK

Now your ISO files will go back to normal.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  3. pre9jm

pre9jm Member

cheers for that.

You know a lot dont ya! Really appreciate the help mate.

4. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

i have a similar problem, but mine is even worse, i can't run .bat type files on my windows xp, everytime i click on a .bat file i get the file location and it says it does not exist, so i can't use version 1.2 of the setup disc at all because i cannot make a iso :( i have the 1.1 version stored on my computer right now but it would be nice to have the latest version instead.

i've tried to run this program located here to compile a ISO

http://www.wiivision.org/downloads/...ey_utilities/WiiKeyUtilities_release_v1_5.exe

but everytime i click on my region i get a error message and nothing else happens apart from some weired password small box or something.

it's really stupid though, i agree with the first poster, do they think everyone is a dos command genious or something? lol why can't they make just a simple iso instead of the end users doing it?

5. m1ck3y

m1ck3y Member

i think the biggest reason is because if you have the idea to mod your wii, burn an iso, and work with things of this nature, then you can understand batch files.

i don't agree with them, but this is just an idea of what they might be thinking.

6. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

yeah i understand those dam things alright, it's just that they don't work on my computer, no matter how much i try.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try extracting the files to your C: directory.

Not to the My Documents folder or desktop but directly to the C: directory.

Make sure you have NTFS file system on the HDD your trying to run the BAT file on.

make sure you have enough space to create the ISO after running the BAT file.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  8. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

ok will try that, yes i have plenty of space, and yes all my harddrives are formatted to NTFS.

9. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

nope, same thing, same error message, i will stick to version 1.1 for now but it will be come a problem for updates later on if they carry on releasing them like this.

10. m1ck3y

m1ck3y Member

"NTSC" file system? you mean NTFS? i'm not sure it even matters what file system you have on the drive you run it on--it should run either way

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I ment NTFS and it does matter because FAT file system can not handle files over 4GB.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007