1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost in the Shell playing problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by elsadek, Feb 4, 2005.

1. elsadek

elsadek Member

Hi all,

I recently backed up Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex for the PS2, and although everything has gone well during the backup procedure (LG4160B burner using Smartbuy DVD-Rs), the game does not play at all.

I am using Swap Magic 2.0. I have tried using SM 2.0 DVD, SM 2.0 CD + CDLoaderv7All + SM 2.0D, but to no avail. The green border shows up when I insert this DVD after the SM 2.0 DVD, but it blanks out and loads nothing thereafter.

Does anyone have any information on how to play this game, and/or if any of you encountered the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. elsadek

elsadek Member

*bump*

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Alright, I've got some questions to ask first...

1) What software are you burning the game with?
    2) What speed are you burning the game at?
    3) What version ps2 do you have?

Also, I see you are using Smartbuy DVD-Rs, that does not sound like very quality media to me. Have you tried any other media? I don't know if that would make a difference though seeing that you have probably burned other games with that media and it proabably works right? If you have a newer version ps2 (slimline) maybe try dvd+r instead.

I know your probably thinking that switching to +r will not make a difference, but I once had problems with GTA San Andreas using DVD-R discs on my v7 ps2; so I switched to +r and everything worked perfectly.

4. elsadek

elsadek Member

Thanks for at least trying to help out :). To answer your questions:

1) I'm burning with DVD Decrypter
    2) Burning Speed at 2X (almost always is the case for all my games)
    3) I have a 39001

I would beg to differ about Smartbuy. I've not had a single coaster with it, burning games in both 2x and 4x speeds. I have used Memorex and Sony DVD-Rs before as well, and have been successful using them on all occasions.

Have you backed this game up? If so, has it worked and which method did you use? I want to get confirmation from those who backed it up and have been able to play it successfully. This will help in troubleshooting the issue as to know if it's in fact a bad burn or simply a problem with backing up the game in principle.

Thanks again.

5. elsadek

elsadek Member

Woops..double post.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well out of all of my backups, I have never had a game not work, but I did have to work at a few to get them to work. I will try to get my hands on this game and back it up and let you know if it worked for me. Your doing everything correct, so I don't know why this game is giving you troubles? I'll get back to you as soon as I get a hold of this game.

7. elsadek

elsadek Member

Thanks a bunch. I appreciate your help.