1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost My Hard Disk

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by edved, Feb 8, 2008.

1. edved

edved Member

Hi,

Is it possible to "ghost" or make an ISO image of my hard disk using Nero 8? I know there is other software like norton Ghost but I don't have it and would be delighted if I could use Nero.

GF

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I'd spend the money on Ghost. It's worth every cent. It can be had for a little if you watch the bargain sites like BensBargains, etc. I don't trust Nero for backing up at all.

I generally ghost only the virgin OS and applications to both a second HDD and DVD so I don't have to continually reghost this basic stuff and only have to backup data periodically. I backup the data to a HDD (1st backup) and DVD (secondary backup).

3. edved

edved Member

Hi,

Thanks for that. I was just wondering though if it's possible to actually perform the "ghosting" function with nero? I realise Norton Ghost would be far better.

GF

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Nero BackItUp, but I and many others don't trust it.

5. edved

edved Member

OK,

Thanks for the advice. I will use Norton Ghost so.Is it very reliable?

GF

6. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I've used it for several years now with no problems. There are other backup programs out there like retrospect, etc. There's likely a review article somewhere that compares them. XP and Vista have their own backup program that's part of the OS. I've not used either since I've had Ghost available. Ghost and a couple of others image the drive so restoration is one step. Most backup software is just archival which is fine for data backup but not so much for restoring the OS, etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/bott_03july14.mspx

Here's a general overview article:

http://www.argentuma.com/backup/software/index.html