1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost Recon 2 burning problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Duvelken, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Duvelken

Duvelken Guest

I burnt the game 3 times without the DNAS patch, using the three best media dvd's, maxell, tdk and Sony and none of them work. It doesn't load it; this keeps appearing :

no data cd

It just won't load, does anyone have a suggestion to make it work ?

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  3. Duvelken

Duvelken Guest

Thanks for the info, i now have 3 backups of the game so i have one left. If you can help me to get it work further i'll send it to you for free how does that sound ? :)

So i burnt the game regular way, without the DNAS thing since i don't plan on getting online on my PS2. So i tried Swap magic and slide card, didn't work. I have to use dvd loader v7 you say, i downloaded this is a rar file. What do i do with it now ? Do i have to burn that to a cd or something or on the dvd game disk of the backup itself ? And the entire program or just the rar files or ... ? Once i have this cd burned, could you please explain to me in detail what i have to do ? Thanks for the help

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

you burn the dvd loader ver7 to cd-r.
    Boot swap magic.
    swap for dvd loader ver 7.
    swap for your backup.

5. Duvelken

Duvelken Guest

Hi again, i tried as you said but didn't work.

I tried it two different ways

1) I inserted swap magic, used slide card to open the tray up and put the dvd loader into it, closed it, got the slide card again, hooked it up on the white thingy, then slide to the left (routine for playing a backup) then pressed x. I heard the ps2 making strange noises like he was reading it but nothing happened, the swap magic screen appeared again and it said not a valid ps2 disc. Then did the same thing again with the slide card to open the tray, then i inserted the game, grabbed to hook, closed it took the slide card out and pressed x again to start the backup, nothing happened.

2) I did it the exact same way as above but this time witout pressing x when the dvd loader was inside

What am i doing wrong ? I can't figure this out at all

6. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

You should have extracted the dvd loader
    (its in .zip format.)
    Then burn it to a cd-r.
    if thats what you did (sorry was unclear)
    then try this method
    1)boot swap magic cd
    2)swap for dvd loader
    3)press eject
    insert swap magic dvd disk
    4)swap for your backup.

7. Duvelken

Duvelken Guest

tried ... and failed :-(

8. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

us dvd loader extract the iso image from the rar burn it to a "DVD" then what you do is put the swapmagic 3.3 in then the dvd loader then load it up then you press eject ( don't swap the disc it spinning) and put in your swap magic dvd then close the tray and press x once then swap (the disc stops spining) for your copy of ghost recon2, there is nothing wrong with your discs or anything,

9. Duvelken

Duvelken Guest

Urgh man .. i tried that too .. didn't work. This is what i did exactly, please correct me if i'm wrong :

1) Put in the swap magic, used the slide card to open the tray
    2) Then put in the Dvd loader DVD and manually pushed the tray back in, i then pressed x to load it, i heard it spinning and reading and stuff, then it stopped
    3) I pressed eject and inserted swap magic again, and again manually pused back in the tray
    4) Then i pressed x to load swap magic, the same scree appeared again after about a second or two when i pressed x: it says insert your own program disk
    5) So i used slide card then to open the tray, pulled it out
    6) I put the ghost recon 2 game in, used the slide card to pull to the leftn, pulled it out, pressed x

Then guess what happened .. nothing :-( no data ...

I don't have a CLUE what i'm doing wrong or why it doesn't work i'm following all the instructions ...

10. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

i don't if your doing this but you didn't mention it, ok so you put in swapmagic load it up then use slide card pull out the tray and put in dvd loader no put your slide card back in where you usasslly put it to open the try and slide it over to the right and it should sink in and clamp on to somthing now shift the card to the left all the way thats how you close it fully then press x it should make a weird noise just the noise that it makes when booting up something, after about 1 or 2 seconds if it says in vailid media or whatever then it must be your media your using but anyways dvd loader will boot up then follow my instructions above, if this doesn't work then report back

11. Duvelken

Duvelken Guest

doesn't work :-(

12. Duvelken

Duvelken Guest

help ?

13. bnyce

bnyce Guest

ok first burn dvdloader v.7 to a dvd-r
    then load up smd 3.3 dvd in ps2
    then swap for dvdloader v.7 press x
    then eject tray and put in smd 3.3 dvd press x
    when screen is red and disc stops spinning then swap for back-up ghost recon 2 and press x
    you can try this method because it work for me

14. Duvelken

Duvelken Guest

This is SERIOUSLY beginning to tick me off. I cannot get the fusking thing to work, i simply can't

thanks you all for the help but i don't know what to do anymore

15. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

thats the exact meathod i just told him...

16. fireman30

fireman30 Member

When you say eject the tray after dvd loader, are you still using the slide card?

17. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

no eject

18. fireman30

fireman30 Member

so i am wanting it to reboot the swapmagic dvd after i load dvd loader. Is this correct. Hey thanks for the help.

19. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

correct