1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost Rider - CRC error message in using diff apps

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by joeroni, Jun 9, 2007.

1. joeroni

joeroni Member

I get a CRC error message in using Ripit4me (DVDDecrypter) and DVDFab HD Decrypter.Also tried CloneDVD2 with anydvd 6136 but same crc error.
    I keep getting it at the same place in the process no matter what I use.I opened the new DVD Ghost Rider and tried to back it up.No scratches or dirt but at vts_01_4.vob it stops and says dirty or scratched and displays a crc error.I watched it and no problems.Then tried the Sony movie again with another program DVDneXtCopy but to no avail.Same crc error then the dvd must be scratched or dirty again.File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_4.VOB 23 TCSectorReader crc error.I know it is perfectly new,no nothing on the disc.what to try next.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi joeroni
    Since you've tried all those programs I think you might have a bad press.
    Can't see it with the eye and as long as it's not bad enuf a player will pass right over it w/o you even noticing it.
    Drive when ripping another story - it will try to rip every byte.
    If you have another drive try that one. Some are better than others ripping these 'bad' spots.
    I haven't done Ghost Rider yet - out here next week so not sure on the protection on it but AnyDVD could use an update - the latest is 6.1.6.0.

edit to add: almost forgot - if it's a bad press your best bet is to return it for a new one.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  3. joeroni

joeroni Member

Yes I now agree. My wife just watched it too and yelled when it started screwing up.My living room DVD Player is brand new and it catches it twice through the movie.It must be a bad press.I must have been getting a beer when I watched it.I just leave it playing and it eventually kicks back in by itself. Thx binkie7
    PS. Its a very good movie and worth taking the time to back it up.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome joeroni

Yeah looks like the best thing is to exchange it.
    Txs for the tip on the movie - Nicholas Cage fan so I'll pick it up Tues.