1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost rider

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bdwc, Jun 30, 2007.

1. bdwc

bdwc Guest

I backed up ghost rider, which played well on my computer. when i
    tried playing it on my home dvd player,it started to read with a long
    pause, then the player ejected the disc is this something new from sony. I have never had this happen before.Normaly it would diplay nodisc.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Sounds more like it may be a media compatibility issue.

What media are you using like Sony +R 16x?

How about the make and model of the drive? Firmware up to date?

Burn speed used?

3. bdwc

bdwc Guest

Im useing sony 16 +r and a sony duel layer drive.

4. binkie7

Ok burn the sony's at 8x speed if you're not already.

What's the model # of the Sony burner? Double click on my computer, right click on the dvd drive and go to properties then the hardware tab.
    The model # will be listed there.

How old is the dvd player? Does it support +R media or is this the 1st one you've had a problem with?

5. bdwc

bdwc Guest

This is the first one that ejected automaticly i have had disc that would show no disc in drive when i used outher programs to back up
    the movie. i use ripit for me shrink and dvd dycryter and i burn with dycrypter.

6. binkie7

Ok how about posting the model # of the drive - a firmware update may help (see post above)

7. Bruce999

Bruce999 Regular member

I agree, it would be wise to check and see if there might be an updated firmware for your DVD burner.

Also, you should do some cross-testing, to narrow the problem. Example: take this disc to a few other DVD players (that can hdnel this format) and see if they play the disc okay. Then, make sure you pop in a few other recent burned discs into your standalone DVD player, to make certain that the standalone player is not beginning to experience a "slow meltdown." Eventually all DVD players will finally go bad, as their laser starts to deteriorate.

8. scall

scall Member

I have a different problem all together with this movie. Shrink and even the rom drives on either of my computers can not find the dvd, I was wondering if a microsoft update has blocked it somehow, Yet other movies are fine

9. bdwc

bdwc Guest

I FINALLY MANAGED TO COPY THE MOVIE, BUT I FREEZES AND BLOCKES SO BAD THAT IT CAINT BE WATCHED ON MY STAD ALONE PLAYER. MUST BE SOMETHING THAT SONY HAS PUT ON THE DISC.

10. binkie7

I doubt that - more like the firmware of the drive needs an update or a media incompatibly with the player which I think it is since this is not the first time you've had this problem.
    Many here (myself included) have done this one + many of the 'problems' ones with no playback problems.

Play it back in the pc - do you have the same problem there?
    Switch the media too - try Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden or made in Japan only Fuji or maxell. Burn at 1/2 th rated speed or maybe a notch below.

Still need the make and model of the drive.

11. shinya

shinya Member

I have been having trouble making a copy of GhostRider Extended Cut because Anydvd,Dvdshrink,and Ripit4me has all been unsuccessful...

12. res2cue

res2cue Guest

if you have the latest updates for anydvd you shouldn't have a problem. What exactly is the error?

13. res2cue

res2cue Guest

@Binkie: I thought MIJ Sony's were ok to use to. Are the ones the poster is using maybe not MIJ and got a crappy bunch?

14. binkie7

@res2cue
    Yeah Sony is good even the 16x mit which are made by Sony themselves.
    I used quite a bit of those too.

But my guess is they're not compatible w/ bdwc's player. If they can play back in the pc then that would more than likely be the case.

15. res2cue

res2cue Guest

can I chime in for one suggestion? Try them in another dvd player, I had the same problems before where a disc would play fine in one player and not another, it was a consistent problem with the entire spindle... They were TDK mind you, but it's worth a shot.

edit spelling and added more info

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2007
  16. binkie7

Good point res2cue!
    No media is 100% on all players even my favs Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim.

17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

- Used DVDFab HD Decrypter here (v3.1.4.0) and as per all other movies, no problem with DVDFab ripping this one. Compression ratio (for movie only) was lower than DVD Shrink could provide (can't remember the exact compression ratio) so used DVD Rebuilder and voila, very nice copy produced..

18. vincer

vincer Guest

I backed up Ghost Rider using DVDFab Gold 3.1.4.0 and TDK media.
    Perfect quality and DVD has played on multiple DVD standalone players.

19. shinya

shinya Member

For some strange reason Anydvd stops at 38% of ripping to harddrive and so does the other ones stop between 35 to 40% of ripping as well.
    I know that Anydvd works best with Clonedvd which I don't have and lately i've been using ripit4me for most of my movies because Anydvd and Nero just don't work as good any more.

20. binkie7

Sounds like you may have a bad press. You best bet is probably to exchange it for a new one.

Check the back of the disc for dirt, smudges, scratches etc and try cleaning it off just in case.