1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost Switch

Discussion in 'PS2' started by pittlife, Dec 25, 2004.

1. pittlife

pittlife Guest

I got em, but can any body tell me how exactly to install them in a bit more detail the the website gives u?????

2. superstui

superstui Regular member

no idea what it is

3. pittlife

pittlife Guest

CustomPS2.com has brought us news on the NEXT solution for PSTwo SWAP users- namely their Ghost Switch! The set includes two pieces: a custom-molded plastic plug for the PSTwo rear lid sensor, and also a plastic switch clip for the front lid sensor... allowing users to play ALL of their LEGAL back-ups and Import games using the Swap Magic Discs with the simple flick of a switch!

It gets even better too... the entire Ghost Switch Set is available for Pre-Order HERE (ships 12/16!) for only $7! As a special BONUS to all PS2Ownz.com members, shipping on the set is FREE too... simply use the coupon code "Ghost" when checking out and you'll be set!

Finally, the Ghost Switch set matches the PSTwo (SCPH-700XX models) beautifully with a completely "Stealth" look, and installation should take under 1 minute as follows: Simply unscrew the top of your PSTwo, snap on the cap and click the switch into place, clip the peg off of the PSTwo lid underside, and replace the top cover- that's it! Oh, and enjoy your PS2 games!

4. superstui

superstui Regular member

do you need all the swap stuff to use it?

5. pittlife

pittlife Guest

yeah its basicly the same shit as before with swap accept an easier cleaner way of doing it. Now if only I knew how to put it in

6. tmkansell

tmkansell Member

I'm kinda confused. With this ghost switch can you make the PStwo think its open or closed. I am wondering, because I want to know if it is possible to use a cdloader or dvdloader disc for back-ups that need them. I have my switches taped down, but didn't wire in a switch or anything, so I can't use my back-ups that require a cdloader because my system always thinks its closed.

If you can troggle the sensor on or off with these ghosts switches then I'm gonna order one for sure and I'll also finally be able to get rid of my old PS2 that i'm keeping just for my cdloader back-ups :p

7. pittlife

pittlife Guest

8. tmkansell

tmkansell Member

From looking at the picture it looks to me that the square one on the left goes inside the system to cover up the back switch. and the one on the right you stick into the little hole in the front right hand corver of the PStwo. By the look of the right switch also it looks like maybe it can be moved back and forth to troggle the top open or closed.

If you need to see the switches I am talking about check out www.ps2ownz.com and click on the pstwo link on the left side menu. This should show you the two switches that you are suppose to tape down and just used these plastic pieces there instead.

I think I might order some today, so if I get them and figure out how to install them for sure and you still need help I'll try to drop in and let you know.

9. pittlife

pittlife Guest

thanks out of like 5 forums the the first to attempt to help me. I dont know about the front right hand one tho, the instruction on the side say to clip off the peg on the bottom og the ps2 lid, doent that take care of that? Anyways yeah I orderd mine on Sunday night and called the guy the next day and they got here on thurdays which is really good. The only problem is he forgot to send the sawpmagic discs too so I gotta wait for those...

10. tmkansell

tmkansell Member

I think clipping the peg for the front switch makes the system always think its open since i think that is what presses the switch. When you add in that right plastic piece that should replace the peg to fool it into thinking its closed even when the top is open. Then maybe it looks like it slides from side to side to toggle the switch open and closed.

I'm hopping that it does slide and changge it open and closed cause that is why I want to get them so I can use my cdloader. Let me know if you get it to work.