1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost Switch?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by AN00B, Apr 18, 2007.

1. AN00B

AN00B Guest

What is Ghost Switch, majic switch and all those things? And what are their purposes? I'm looking to "enhance" my online gaming experience.What do I need?

2. SonicTH

SonicTH Regular member

The Ghost Switch is called a "mechanical mod". It allows you to play backup games using devices that lock down parts of the PS2 so it isn't aware when you swap discs (when using boot discs).

There are a couple of options (some of which don't require PS2 dissection).

What are you interested in? I can help.

3. neptune

neptune Regular member

instead of buying the ghost switch use the tape and tissue method . cost 0 dollars priceless..........

4. AN00B

AN00B Guest

Thanks for your offer to help. I have been told by ppl on my game that a few clans are using something called code magic, or something like it, to make theirselves almost invincible. By the way this is BF2:MC on PS2 online. So I am trying to learn everything I can about it and how to use it so I can take their unfair advantage away and face them with their own tools. We are great, but stand no chance against ppl who use "advantages" we don't have. Thnx for any support and help.

5. SonicTH

SonicTH Regular member

You still have to buy the Swap Magic discs, which costsover $30. The switch sets are usually no more than 6 bucks so why not just cash out?

6. SonicTH

SonicTH Regular member

Hm...that's not something Swap Magic does. Cheating in online games is done with devices like Action Replay, which modify the game. Swap Magic is simply a boot disc that lets you start any game from any region.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

actually they are most likely talking about Swap Magic Coder. It is a version of swap magic which allows you to play games with cheat codes (like a cheat disc would).

To tell the truth if they are cheating it is not a clan you want to be part of. Cheating online is just lame. If you suck that bad then you need to either practice more or just stop playing.

8. SonicTH

SonicTH Regular member

I'd kick YOUR ass.

t("t)

9. steimy

steimy Active member

if you use cheat codes online, you are a loser and should be taken out and shot, simple as that.

10. SonicTH

SonicTH Regular member

Oh no, gaming = serious business.