1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gigabyte motherboard help please

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by hanna21, May 24, 2007.

1. hanna21

hanna21 Guest

i just bought a mother board from abroad and its gigabyte GA-8I915MD-GV ill like to no is this good for gaming
    id pci express better then agp its ddr2
    please i need help here need to no whats the best graphics card i can get for the board thanks

2. hanna21

hanna21 Guest

will this graphics card fit on my mother board N85GT-EI-256I Jetway Geforce 8500GT 256MB will this craphics car give good performce with full grapics setting on

3. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

Hi, im really having trouble understanding what you are meaning here.If possible could you clarify a bit your language (dont use "no" use "know" if its the case). Its really easy to find out if any card will fit in your mobo, find out what type of slot it uses for graphic use (in this case PCI-Express x16), then find a Graphic card that uses that uses that same slot (Pci-express x16), any online store should give you that information in the specication of both mobos and GPU.

With the PCI express 16X you have on your MOBO you can find a really big range of cards, so you should do a budget and then look for the card that gives you the most performance out of that budget.

4. elokito

elokito Regular member

yes pci express x16 is better than agp since it runs at 8x ddr2 at high frequency's is better than normal ddr ram that motherboard is ok for gaming but it doesnt matter a lot since motherboards don't make a huge difference in performance so its ok and yes that video card will fit on you're motherboard anything that says pci express x16 will fit

5. hanna21

hanna21 Guest

ok thanks for your reply i tried to reinstall my pc with the new motherboard when i inserted winxp cd i booted up on the screen were it says press any key to install winxp i pressed it then when its about to go to that black screen it restarts