1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigapocket vs xp sp2

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Phylsys, May 7, 2007.

1. Phylsys

Phylsys Member

I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RZ24G with upgraded XP2. Giga Pocket came with the unit. I upgraded the software to v5.0.04.05260, which is the most recent update for my unit per the Sony website. It worked fine back when I installed it (12/04)but now it does not record. Don't know why. I press the record button. The REC button shows in the TV section but nothing else happens. I hit the stop button & it tells me it's an invalid key. I open the Giga Pocket Explorer. A file shows with the date & time but when I click on it to play it it says damaged file. I read somewhere else that Registry Cleaners could have removed something important so I removed the existing Giga Pocket and re-installed. I would think that would re-install what's necessary but still same problem. Can anyway HELP??!!

I can't determine if the two were coincidental my update of XP and not being able to record in gagapocket........as I stated the updates on the sony site do not help.

2. gigguy

gigguy Member

Hi!...I have the same PC and need to restore the system but don't have the recovery cds...I was wondering if you can help me with this issue because Sony do not have those cds anymore...is it possible to obtain a copy of your recovery cds if you have them?...I will really appreciate your help

Alberto

***email removed***

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

gigguy - hi and welcome to the forums; however email addresses are not permitted.