1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigatain dvd-r 4x Media (the Bads +goods) PSTWO + Swap Magic 3.3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SolidCore, Jan 31, 2005.

1. SolidCore

SolidCore Member

Hey there fellow back-up peeps.

I've only had my slimline PSTWO slimline for a few days and already i have removed its warante by opening the case and fixing the warrante sticker (LOL handy) on the button where the hinge falls down on.

I've now stuck a piece of card inside the break pad area to prevent it stopping my disks.

The burner i use is a LiteOn which is pathetic i believe for ps2 backups...

The media is a poor Gigatain 4x dvd-r .. i burn at 2x.

My experiences:

San Andreas at 2x on Burn MAX came out fine on my slimline ps2 but on a V7 PS2 with the same swapmagic discs (slide card method) it came out badly and skipped alot, textures messed up.

Need for speed underground 2 , itried backing this up and found that my first two attempts were very slow, my 2nd loaded the cars up but tracks and the game itself loading took ages, but faster boot up again on the same media at 2x ( but i changed software from decryptor to burn max during this, although i did not know which did the best sorry)

I copied Getaway black monday 3 times using Decryptor, Nero, Burn max, and they did not work well on V7 except for Nero but only 5% of the time. All 3 work fine on Slimline.

Silent hill 4 i used burn MAX and it copied well until i got to the bathroom at the very start of the game and it wouldnt read the disk, it would freeze! :( i dont know how 2 fix this?

What should i do?

Anyway so my thoughts are that 2x on this poor media is bad, should i try 4x anyway?

I'm getting myself a pioneer 108 and 50x ridisk ritek g04 dvd-r.

2. SolidCore

SolidCore Member

Good news on the same media at 2x on DVD Decryptor i copied Silent hill 4 perfectly.. it plays on my ps2 slimline.

:) Now i just hope my future back-ups will work.

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Are you able to choose 1x. This is what i burn at, and never have any problems.

4. SolidCore

SolidCore Member

2x,4x unfortunetly.. and i dont know if this lite on burner will do 1x :'(

but my Pioner 108 and ridisk ritek g04's will do 1x ye? ;)