1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give The World Soulutionon Avi Crashes Explorer

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Subdc, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Subdc

Subdc Member

Give The World Soulutionon Windows Crashes When Starting Avi Or Moves The Pointer Over The Avi File. This have happend on the 10 instalation at least altso. I am so tiered of this problem that i would convert to be a marsian for the soulution here. Explorer and Windows media player is crashing when i tries to start or moving the mouse pointer over the Avi file iam using Win Xp Pro And The full Ace Mega Codec Pack v5.93.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Disabling MS's buggy thumbnail shell extension should solve the problem. I would also get rid of the codec pack.

3. Subdc

Subdc Member

I found the soulution in the VLC player and codec pack. and its free of charge it have no trojans like several others have it plays evrything multimedia whit a sound off another world. Its beautiful

4. cateye4k

cateye4k Member

hi, i am having the same problem. How can i disable MS's buggy thumbnail shell extension (sorry but i am newbaby). Plus which codecs have to installed coz the explorer also crashes when i use VLC. I ll be very thankful for ur help.