1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gladiator DVD9 to DVD5

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Cardfan, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Cardfan

Cardfan Member

Hoping someone has had success with the same movie I'm trying to rip. I have tried doom9.org's guide, geocities/coddess's guide, and mpucoder.kewlhair's guide all with different results, but no success. The movie in question is Gladiator signature selection (rental). Just for anyone upset about my stealing this movie, yes I know it is, but I consider it an udgrade since I spent $20.00 on the VHS video and I'm not spending another $20.00 for the DVD. With that said HEEEELP!!!! The only thing that I may be doing wrong with the guides is when they indicate what options to select they do not indicate if you deselect the default options or leave them be, I left them as is. I have followed them word by word.

My Equip:

Pioneer 104 DVD-RW
    Nero
    PrimoDVD (not installed at the same time as Nero)
    WinDVD

2. mscogna

mscogna Member

Your not stealing....just making a backup copy....right???!!!

You may be experiencing a quirk I have run into on a few movies. Start IFOEdit and open VIDEO_TS file. Hit the DVD play button and let it run until the movie starts ( select play movie from the menu ) Then quit IFOEdit. A little window will be displayed showing what titles were played. Bring up IFOEdit again and open VIDEO_TS file. See what set(s) belong to the title(s). Example: Say it returns Title 1 and Title 4. In Video_TS, Title 1 points to vts_2 and Title 4 points to vts_5. Naturally, one of those sets is the movie, but include the other set on the DVD also and hopefully that will solve your problem.

3. Cardfan

Cardfan Member

mscogna, thanks for reponding, I finally got the movie to work and 6 others. I probably searched this forum plus 5 others looking for clues on what I was doing wrong to no avail. So I just started experimenting on my own. I followed the quides that are out there, but after splitting the movies and removing what I didn't want I brought up the new vts_01_0.ifo file in each of the new folders and had ifoedit build new ifo files. Everything worked fine. Burned with Primodvd, started right up. So I guess after adding the other titlesets some of the navigation pointers were not resolved with the split. Then again I still feel I was doing something wrong, but hey it works, I'm happy, and life is swell.

4. the_head

the_head Member

what is coddess's guide?