1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

glitches in backed up PS2 game... help...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Eowyn, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Eowyn

Eowyn Member

Hi everyone, I've gone through many postings and ran a search but couldn't find anything like this...

I have a PS2 with modchip and I backed up my Tomb Raider game using DVD Decrypter ISO-READ / ISO WRITE per your many postings. The backup seems fine until I reach a specific point in the game where I get locked in to the level because some game components are missing... for example I only have access to manipulate one switch on a board when I should get two. I'm new at this so any insight you can provide would be great.
    many thanks!
    Eowyn

2. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

did u try another copy? sounds like the original may have had damage? and that caused your backup to glitch.

3. Eowyn

Eowyn Member

No, I didn't... I figured since the original disc works fine in the PS2 then it must be an issue with the backed-up copies. I'll try that, and I'll try using Alcohol 120% instead of DVD Decrypter... if I can find it for free... The guy who installed my chip says that sometimes the DVD Decrypter will remove files from the game because they look like RSS files or copyright files. I'll see if that works.
    thanks a bunch!